Rolling Thunder Time - Match Annoucement

Discussion in 'Competition Shooting Forum' started by IShootBack, Nov 7, 2004.

1. IShootBack

IShootBack Active Member

MATCH ANNOUNCEMENT

CAVRPC I.D.P.A.
    3-GUN
    ROLLING THUNDER
    Montpelier Virginia
    NOVEMBER 28, 2004

ROLLING THUNDER will take place on November 28, 2004 at 0900. We will limit the number of shooters to 50 excluding SO staff shooting on Saturday. Early registration is mandatory. There will be no walk ups at the match. To enter, you must email or call me before November 26, or the slots run out.

This is the premier-shooting event in this area. Only the very best tactical
    shooters will have a chance to take this coveted award. This match is not for the timid. We will shoot 50 plus handgun rounds. We will shoot 40 plus shotgun birdshot (number 8) rounds, including five slugs and five 00 buckshot. There will be 40 plus rifle rounds. We will shoot one string each of Pistol, Rifle and Shotgun. We will also have one string of all three guns. All targets will be at ranges of 5 yards to 50 yards. Rule 1 is NO WHINING. No alibis.

Pistols shall follow IDPA rules with the following exception. No 10 round magazine limit. Any original manufacturer magazine capacity is legal (no extensions on pistol magazines). The rifle can be most any configuration. No full auto fire allowed. Any original manufacturer magazine with a capacity of 30 or under is legal. The shotgun must not have any magazine extension extending beyond two inches from the muzzle. The cost will be $30 per shooter. No second entries allowed. This is a bragging rights only match. The individual who shoots this course with the best score will be able to claim his place on the pedestal of the great shooters…for one year. See you on the 28th!

Anyone interrested please contact me VIA PM on this board. This event fills up fast! I'll be cooking lunch both days.

ISB
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2004
  2. pickenup

pickenup Active Member

If I could fully retire, I would love to just travel the country doing these kinds of matches, and meeting the people on this board (and others)

Don’t work to hard on the grill. ;)
  3. IShootBack

IShootBack Active Member

I'm gonna feed these folks good.

Brunswick stew & biscuits
    steak & cheese sandwhiches
    Nathans hot dogs
    Maybe some homemade BBQ (they love my BBQ)
    All kinds of chips and non-alcholic drinks hot & cold.

We make the event worthwhie for those who travel.

If they have a good lunch, chances are they'll have a good time even if they shoot poorly.

Lots'a friendships built and rekindled over lunch...

We'd love to have ya when ya finally make the big move.
  4. IShootBack

IShootBack Active Member

The match took place today at the Caviler Rifle & Pistol Club in Mount Pilier Va. Caviler web link

We had about 50 competitors and 20 safety officers.

It was an outstanding match. Everyone enjoyed themselves. Many were humbled at the difficult scenarios and shoting lanes. Everyone I talked to said they'd be back again next year.

I'll try to get some pics posted.

Lunch was great. I cooked steak & cheese sandwiches with peppers and onions along with Nathan's al beef hot dogs. Went through about 20 pounds of steak and 2 family packs of Nathans.
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2013
  5. SouthernMoss

SouthernMoss *Admin Tech Staff*

Sounds like a great time, ISB. Let's see those pics. :)