Rom. mdl 69 clip malfunctions

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by accident, Dec 22, 2011.

1. accident

accident Active Member Supporting Member

My Romanian mdl 69 .22 cal rifle started spitting out multiple cartridges out the top when I go to chamber a new round.Maybe the previous owner had this happen before because the clip looks like pliers have scratched the ends up.(I haven't touched it yet).Anyway I found and purchased a replacement 5rd clip from Numrich but it won't fit. It gets tight when i slide it in before it can reach the catch.I removed the bolt but still can't see what it's snagging on.If I push too hard on it it is very hard to get it out.I don't know if I should try to gently bend in theears on the original clip and try to repair it or work on the new replacement to try to get it in.Once I scratch up the new clip I can't send it back.It was $34.00. By the way I should mention yesterday I had surgery on my man parts and I'm pretty %@*!-up on pain meds.Therefore I will have to wait 3-4 days before I handle the gun in order to try any reccomendations.At least I don't think my words are "slurred" in typing this. Anyway any suggestions I might try when I'm in better condition? Thanks Joe
  2. StoneChimney

StoneChimney New Member

Numrich's magazines for this model are currently manufactured replacements, which is about all there is out there now. Occasionally original mags show up on various online sites but its hit and miss.

Sounds like the original mag just needs adjustment to the feed lips. We'd have to see the rifle and new magazine to diagnose that.
  3. accident

accident Active Member Supporting Member

Thanks Stonechimney.You are right in that the Numrich replacement is of new manufacture.It is made different than the original but looks like it should work.