Romanian 69 Bolt Assembly and disassembly

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by Smokin Guns, Mar 18, 2003.

1. Smokin Guns

Smokin Guns New Member

JH45gun
    (3/17/03 8:21:22 pm)
    Reply Romanian 69 Bolt Assembly and disassembly
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    For those who have Romainian 69's like I do I found a site last nite called Surplusrifle.com www.surplusrifle.com that has info on the 69 rifle. It has a disassembly site for the 69 bolt, taking it apart and putting it back together and pictures to show the procedure. Good place to check out for that info. If you need to take apart your bolt to fix a part or cleaning if needed this site will give you the instructions to do it safely and the right way. I made a printer copy so I have it for my records plus on my hard drive. Jim

Said I never had much use for one, never said I did'nt know how to use it

outdoorsman260
    V.I.P. Member
    (3/17/03 8:32:31 pm)
    Reply Re: Romanian 69 Bolt Assembly and disassembly
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    You couldn't have posted this at a better time. The bolt broke on my Romanian and I need to take it apart to see what broke.
    blake.prohosting.com/~redneck4

outdoorsman260
    V.I.P. Member
    (3/17/03 9:02:40 pm)
    Does anyone know where I can get parts for one of these?

JH45gun
    (3/18/03 12:21:25 am)
    Try Century as they were the main importers into this country as they are for most surplus guns. I sure you have seen there ads but if you have not for some reason they advertise in shotgun news. Jim

outdoorsman260
    V.I.P. Member
    (3/18/03 12:47:29 am)
    I checked a couple of other boards and everyone seems to say that beyond a firing pin, parts for them are few and far between, and when you do find them, they are almost the price of just buying another gun.

I'll take mine back to Gander Mountain, since it is under warentee, but I broke what I believe to be the sear (the piece that goes up and hits the firing pin when the trigger is pulled), and i don't know if they'll be able to get one or not, so I've started researching.

JH45gun
    (3/18/03 12:52:02 am)
    Reply Re parts
    I do not know about the store next to you but the one where I live has a gunsmith so I would think the store nest to you does also and I am sure if he cannnot get the part he will just make one as I am sure it is not that complicated of a piece. I am going to try to find a complete extra bolt for mine just for parts. Jim

outdoorsman260
    V.I.P. Member
    (3/18/03 12:56:11 am)
    Reply Re: Re parts
    hmmm.. the guy that sold it to me did mention about the in house gunsmith.

It doesn't look like it would be that complicated to make, but I'm not a metalurgist, either.

surplusrifleman
    (3/20/03 10:35:44 pm)
    Reply I have heard these guys have entire bolts - unconfirmed
    www.tngunparts.com

JH45gun
    (3/22/03 1:48:42 am)
    Reply Re: I have heard these guys have entire bolts - unconfirmed
    They are out of the bolts at this time I just contacted them the other day I ordered one in anticipation when he gets them in and I will post the info when he has some to ship. Jim
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2003