romanian trainer

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by Smokin Guns, Mar 12, 2003.

1. Smokin Guns

Smokin Guns New Member

z537z
    (3/11/03 6:34:43 pm)
    Reply romanian trainer
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I've heard a lot about these rifles, and found a few on various auction sites etc. But what company makes these? Are they imported? Why are they so cheap?

Why don't I have one?

Thanks in advance to the people in the know

_z

outdoorsman260
    V.I.P. Member
    (3/11/03 6:54:56 pm)
    Reply Re: romanian trainer
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I have searched and searched the internet and have found very little information on them.

From what I gather, they were made by a company called Rigarmi. This company also makes (made) pistols, which are more popular than said rifle.

I do believe they are imported, being that the Romanian army used them.

For the little while mine worked, I loved it. Shot pretty well, and for 70.00, was a very nice gun. However, a piece broke in the bolt, and now it doesn't work. I do not know wether this is common, or just a fluke that happened to me.

blake.prohosting.com/~redneck4

LIKTOSHOOT
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (3/11/03 7:23:42 pm)
    Reply Re: romanian trainer
    Robust...accurate, and cheap!!! To dang bad---there aren`t more!!!

Love all of mine.....cool for custom too----cheap to trick out!!

LTS

mhtent
    (3/12/03 8:57:33 pm)
    Reply Romanian 22lr Training rifle
    Just bought one of these two days ago and I love it. Purchased mine from Gander Mountain, a national sporting goods and outdoor chain. Price, $69.00, well worth it. I've seen the same gun at S.O.G. in Shotgun News for $59.00 before shipping charges, and you have to have an FFL to order from them. If you have a Gander Mountain store near you check them out, mine had 6 to choose from..................Mark.

cointoss 2
    *TFF Staff*
    (3/13/03 1:25:24 pm)
    Reply Re: Romanian 22lr Training rifle
    Welcome mhtent, dang if you guys didnt fling a cravin on me and I just bought one as well. Paid 49.95 at the local gunshop. Spent an hour picking between about 10 of them. On some the stock was chewed others the rear leaf sites a skewed and some I just didn't care for the trigger or bolt. But I did buy one and after I clean some of the old oil and grease out of the bolt, I just might refinish the stock then.
    cointoss2

JH45gun
    (3/15/03 6:16:36 pm)
    Reply re romainian trainer
    See my post range report wolf match target 22 (pic) that was shot at 25 yards with a romainian 69 22 I am considering buying a other just for parts as I like mine so well and how it shoots. Or try to find some spare bolts for parts as that is all you need pretty much. Mine functions well though and shoots like a house afire. Jim

z537z
    (3/15/03 7:54:47 pm)
    Reply Thanks Jim!
    I might just pick one of those up this summer and sell my Remington model POS597.

These things got scope mounts on them? They look pretty accurate: 1 inch at 50 is just fine. Those benchrested, Jim?

Completely random: Anyone got an account creation code # for www.deadjournal.com I could have? I'd appreciate it!

Thanks all, I love this forum

_z

outdoorsman260
    V.I.P. Member
    (3/15/03 10:05:00 pm)
    Reply Re: Thanks Jim!
    Yeah, the have a mounting rail, it's 1/8 of an inch narrower than a regular .22 rimfire.

kdub01
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (3/15/03 11:48:34 pm)
    A little home gun smithin will modify a set of Weaver type .22 rings. Probably have to remove the rear sight to clear the scope objective bell, though.
    "Keep Off The Ridgeline"

outdoorsman260
    V.I.P. Member
    (3/16/03 12:16:57 am)

Quote:
    Probably have to remove the rear sight to clear the scope objective bell, though.

How would you go about that?

JH45gun
    (3/16/03 12:48:39 am)
    Reply re romainian trainer

The rear sight is just dovetailed in so it should just drift out. I just took a pair of tasco 22 rings (cheap) and filed the sides down where the removeable hooked plate is so it closed tighter and it worked like a charm. I have heard that wal mart sells cheap ring to fit. My scope is a old 2 1/2 X weaver that has the fine crosshairs and does not even have covers over the adjustment screws it has a lock ring if each adjustment screw instead. Jim

JH45gun
    (3/16/03 12:50:38 am)
    Reply Re tricked out?
    Likes to shoot, how do you trick out a RomainianTrainer?

LIKTOSHOOT
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (3/16/03 11:25:18 am)
    Reply Re: Re tricked out?
    With a lot of patience!!!! Trust me. But fun when done---the sloppy trigger is the tough one-though.

LTS

outdoorsman260
    V.I.P. Member
    (3/16/03 12:06:58 pm)
    Reply Re: Re tricked out?

Quote:
    The rear sight is just dovetailed in so it should just drift out

Which way does it come off?

Do I get a rubber hammer and just smack it, or is it more involved than that?

z537z
    (3/16/03 8:30:17 pm)
    Reply dovetail sight
    Sigarms makes a sight pusher
    sigarms.com/products/accessories.asp
    Set up something like this and it should work fine. If all else fails, here's a little trick: Take a cheap pair of pliers (needlenose) and put the blow torch to one side (might not need to if you're strong, got a good vice and your pliers are really cheap). Pop it in a vice once it's loosened a little and bend that sucker in a vice so the last 1/2 inch of the prong on one side is bent in towards the middle, and maybe a little bit off of straight (so if you look at it from the side you can see it angle out like 30 degrees).
    Now wrap the prongs in duct or masking tape or cloth or something so you don't damage bluing, and you can put the unaltered end onto the sight rail area, ahead of the dovetail. Use the bent end to push the point of the pliers into the side (so it goes into the groove as the dovetail slides out) of the dovetail and pushes it out. Good for adjustments, or removing it at least partway. From there, you can just push it with something else.

If this doesn't make sense I can email you a rough pic.

Good luck

_z
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2003