Romanian Traing Rifle

4K views 0 replies 0 participants last post by  cointoss2 
G
#1 ·
mckheean
V.I.P. Member
(1/3/03 10:09:06 am)
Reply | Edit | Del All Romanian Traing Rifle
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have just purchased several Romanian 22 cal Training rifles which I heard are real accurate.I am going to sporterize one of them with a black foretip and pistol grip cap with all the spacers just to have something to do this winter.Who has shot one of these and how to they compare with all other Mfg.They are a nice looking 22 for 59.95. Thanks Benny in NC

warpig883
*TFF Staff*
(1/3/03 10:38:24 am)
Reply | Edit | Del
ezSupporter
Re: Romanian Traing Rifle
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have one. It is a good shooter. Shoots the tightest groups out of all my .22's

The feedramp on mine was very rough. It actually shaved part of the bullet off. A bit of polishing and it is fine now.
Ignorance is a crime in 49 states. In the other one it is bliss.

kdub01
*TFF Senior Staff*
(1/3/03 6:23:36 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del Re: Romanian Traing Rifle
Yup, customized one a few years ago -

Glass bedded the action, removed rear sight, modified some old Weaver type .22 rings to fit the narrow grooves on the receiver and mounted a standard 3x9 scope on it, honed the trigger and sear, the bolt handle and sleeve, the receiver cut to smooth bolt handle closure, polished the feed ramp and - have one nice target rifle! Even bought a couple spare magazines from FAC.
"Keep Off The Ridgeline"

CaliCollector
V.I.P. Member
(1/6/03 2:32:02 am)
Reply | Edit | Del
ezSupporter
yup, ive got one.. well i used to for about the whole 10 day wait, i actually bought one for my wife... best buy on a bolt action .22lr i can ever think of!!!! accurate right out of the box.. trigger aint great, but thats alright.. like kdub said.. they can be worked on... but ACCURATE!!!!! great lil pot rifles..and plinkers.... cant say nuthin bad about the rifle... just a word of caution on the mags... mine came with a bad one in it.. wouldnt feed reliable. chenged the mag, problem solved.. the rifle is still a gem... used that new mag to rebend the follower to the proper angle (eyeballed it) and now theres a good mag again!! congrats on the buy.. i seriously doubt youll be ANYTHING but PLEASED... Ray in California
"Beware the man with only one gun, chances are he KNOWS how to use it."

mckheean
V.I.P. Member
(1/6/03 9:15:11 am)
Thanks all for the replies.Now on to the customize work. Benny

1952Sniper
V.I.P. Member
(1/6/03 9:20:52 am)
I really had my hopes up on buying two of them. But, alas, they are not C&R eligible, and I can't buy them on my type 03 FFL. So I had to pass. I'm not willing to go through the hassle and paperwork of buying through a dealer.
Macht kaputt, was euch kaputt macht!

mckheean
V.I.P. Member
(1/6/03 12:47:51 pm)
I would like to know when the Romaninan Training rifles where made.You see them at every Gun Show for $59.95 the best price on the net I have seen is $54.95 two or more.The man I bought my four from put all them on the same form, there was no tax and no shipping plus I got to pick them out.To me that is better than ordering on my C&R. Benny

CaliCollector
V.I.P. Member
(1/6/03 2:57:30 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del
ezSupporter
where were the romanian training rifles made???? uhhhmmmm Romania??? or do you mean WHO made them?? ie what plant,manufacturer, ect??? Ray in California

mckheean
V.I.P. Member
(1/6/03 3:06:00 pm)
What year's where they mfg.?I think in 1969 or before. Benny

1952Sniper
V.I.P. Member
(1/6/03 3:07:28 pm)
I'm fairly certain that the Romanian trainers on the market today are labelled the M69, which I would assume is 1969. So I would guess 70's manufacture.

Edited by: 1952Sniper at: 1/6/03 3:08:11 pm

CJMudder
(1/12/03 10:31:42 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del Romy 22
Great lil' piece,any idea where to get a manual(take down)for it? Also how do you polish the ramp?It's a tight fit,and could you explain the honing the bolt and reciever.Mine is tight and gettin a second shot off fast is just a dream for now.Thanks boys,great forum.

outdoorsman260
V.I.P. Member
(1/12/03 10:41:51 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del Re: Romy 22
Is there any place on the net I can get one of these? I've been wanting to get another 22lr. And I can afford the prices you guys are getting these for.
blake.prohosting.com/~redneck4

mckheean
V.I.P. Member
(1/13/03 8:12:55 am)
outdoorsman260 the best place to purchase one is at a gun show.I have seen them from 49.95 to 69.95.If you order one you will have to have a FFL dealer to sent a copy of his liscense along with payment for the rifle which will be from 10.00 to 25.00 plus shipping.I have not found any that are C&R that I can order.I have also seen manual's for these at the local gun show. Benny

1952Sniper
V.I.P. Member
(1/13/03 8:38:44 am)
outdoorsman, try www.southernohiogun.com/s...ifles.html . They are $60 a piece, or $55 if you buy 2 or more.

outdoorsman260
V.I.P. Member
(1/13/03 7:03:50 pm)
I'll just keep an eye out at gun shows & such.

60$ for the gun
20$ for form processing (at dealer)
10-15 to ship
total: $90-$95 for a $60 gun if I were to order off of SOG
blake.prohosting.com/~redneck4

CaliCollector
V.I.P. Member
(1/13/03 7:37:48 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del
ezSupporter
Re: Romy 22
heres another option, its also theoption i chose to get the one i bought for my wife.. if you have a Big-5 sporting goods near you, the romanian trainers routinely go on sale there for about $60, tack on tax and DROS fees.. and it least saves you the money from shipping... although i vowed not to purhcase anymore firearms from a monster mart or other commercial chain.. those lil Romanians are nice nuff to make me want to walk in and buy a couple more!, you dont have to go into Big-5 either to find out fi they are on sale.. here in the PRK we get sales advertisements for them in the weekly junkmail, they used to carry spare mags for them also.. good things to have a few put away, them lil things get lost, stolen, damaged, worn out.. and your down to a single shot bolt action without one.. hope this helps.. Ray in California
waaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.