ROMNEY NARROWS VP CHOICES; CONDI EMERGES AS FRONTRUNNER

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by RunningOnMT, Jul 13, 2012.

1. RunningOnMT

RunningOnMT New Member

Not a lot of detail here and not exactly earthshaking news but ...
    http://www.teaparty.org/article.php?id=3761

(Drudge Report)

ROMNEY NARROWS VP CHOICES; CONDI EMERGES AS FRONTRUNNER
    Thu Jul 12 2012 19:30:01 ET

**Exclusive**

Late Thursday evening, Mitt Romney's presidential campaign launched a new fundraising drive, 'Meet The VP' -- just as Romney himself has narrowed the field of candidates to a handful, sources reveal.

And a surprise name is now near the top of the list: Former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice!

The timing of the announcement is now set for 'coming weeks'.

MORE

It was Condi who received two standing ovations at Romney's Utah retreat a few weeks ago, and everyone left with her name on their lips.

Rice made an extended argument for American leadership in the world.

In recent days, she emailed supporters:

"2012 is perhaps a turning point for the United States."

"The upcoming elections loom as one of the most important in my lifetime," she warned. "I'm very often asked to speak about our current foreign policy and the challenges that lie before us. However, we, as a country, are not going to be able to address any of those international challenges unless we first get our domestic house in order."

Developing...
  2. Caneman

Caneman Active Member

so romney is raising this up the flag pole to see how many salute? he could have a worse vp selection, that is for sure...
  3. ampaterry

ampaterry *TFF Admin Staff Chaplain* Staff Member Supporting Member

I still have my Rice shirt from some years ago -

GREAT choice, IMHO
  4. armoredman

armoredman New Member

Oh HELL YES!!!!
    Condi should be the Pres candidate, not him. She's a great choice to run the country, and one of the great reasons - she doesn't want to! Very intelligent, hihgly educated, very conservative, yes, go, Condi, go!
  5. RunningOnMT

RunningOnMT New Member

I agree. I would support her for president in a heartbeat.
  6. raven818

raven818 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

She will not agree to it, IMO.
  7. permafrost

permafrost Active Member

I heard her on the radio the other day and she said most emphatically: NO WAY!
  8. raven818

No harm intended. :)

I can't remember the last time I listened to a radio. When I get in the car, it's CD's. Moody Blues..Pink Floyd..Jimmy Hendrix..Simon and Garfunkel.. :D

Back on subject
    Yeah, but they all say that. I don't think the Republicans would like it either. She publicly went totally negative about her job ( working with Cheney ). Believe it or not, a lot of repubs don't believe she's a true conservative.

I liked her a lot, but what do I know.
  9. Hugh357

Hugh357 Member

She is one of the most intelligent people in the United States. Why in the world would she want to take on a hassle like that? I realize power is what most elite people like, but to get involved in a screwed up mess like the Executive Branch boggles my mind.
  10. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

Count me in in the 'no way' camp. :rolleyes:

Near as I can read, many are being vetted, and NONE have shown any interest.

My opinion is, the sooner the better he makes a choice.

Obie has AF1 to fly around the country, and Biden has AF2. Romney has himself. He needs another voice.
  11. Hawg

Hawg Well-Known Member

I'm all for her but I don't think America is ready for a woman in that role.
  12. raven818

Menstrual periods?
  13. rcairflr

rcairflr Well-Known Member

I think you are wrong, America is ready but the Democrats would try and destroy her.
  14. armoredman

armoredman New Member

She'd be hard to hit with the usual attacks, racist, elitist, rich family, etc., they'd have to come up with something interesting.
    I think she'd do one hell of a job, and when it was over she'd go home with a sigh of relief.
  15. permafrost

permafrost Active Member

No problem, I drive all day and listen (too much) to talk radio. I usually just wind up angry and frustrated (damn right-wingers) so I have to tune it to FM to get my blood pressure back under control. I, personally think she would make an excellent VP! Maybe we'll get lucky and she will reconsider.