Romney on the 2nd

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by armedandsafe, Sep 12, 2012.

1. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

http://nraila.org/about-nra-ila/director's-archive/one-on-one-with-governor-mitt-romney.aspx

Pops
  2. ampaterry

ampaterry *TFF Admin Staff Chaplain* Staff Member Supporting Member

Woo hoo!

My vote will be MORE than just anti-Obozo.
  3. jlloyd73

jlloyd73 New Member

Pfffffff..........

"I strongly support the right of all law-abiding Americans to exercise their constitutionally protected right to own firearms..."

Well......have you ever gone over the speed limit? If so....then you are not a law abiding citizen. I don't trust any politician when it comes to the 2nd. It is a "Right" period.....based on our Constitution and by God.
  4. cycloneman

cycloneman Active Member

I gotta vote for him cause thats all there is. But i dont like him, i dont trust him, i dont care what come out of his mouth. I dont trust any of them anymore. Somebody pulling the strings on all of them. He will probably put many back to work and we will sweep all our civil rights under the rug. As long as we are passing around the champaign, we are drunk to it all. He will put us at an uneasy peace at best. No I dont trust what he says. I dont need him to tell me i can keep my guns.
  5. jim summers

jim summers Active Member

I reside in southern Indiana, you can almost step
    They all say what you want to hear.
  6. Deputy Dawg

Deputy Dawg Active Member

I will still vote for him because he is the lesser of two evils. Not my first choice by far. He needs to leave all of the semi-auto fiearms alone.
  7. Airdale

Airdale Member

Excuse me Gentelmen and naysayers a vote for Romney is not a vote for the lesser of two evils. He walks the walk, I have heard of the good works he has done and they are many. He doesn't brag or talk about his good deeds he just does them from the kindness of a good heart. I may not not agree with all of his policies but I have no doubt that I will be voting for a truelly good soul. If you listened to Glen Beck yesterday you would have a hint of the man I speak of.

When I go to the polls this year I will be voting FOR a good man while at the same time voting out the worst President ever.
  8. ampaterry

ampaterry *TFF Admin Staff Chaplain* Staff Member Supporting Member

+1, Airdale.

I have talked to some folks from Mass; good CONSERVATIVE folks -
    They think Romney is GREAT.

You want to know what kind of a leader a candidate will be on a national level? Talk to folks why have experienced him on a state level.
    Like Al Gore in TN - heck he couldn't even CARRY this state because we KNEW what kind of leader he was.
  9. clamman

clamman Member

No disrespect, but you're stretching the term "law abiding" it a bit. I had my last ticket in 1998. Does that make me lawless? Guess I better turn in my guns and CCW permit eh?
  10. zkovach

zkovach Active Member

Well said!
  11. 01brian

01brian New Member

Airdale, that was well said. I have come around and agree. I feel the same way!! Thanks!
  12. cycloneman

cycloneman Active Member

I used to think good things about Bush 1 and 2. Years later i dont feel the same. I wonder how I will feel in 4, 8 or 12 more years when we finally get to see what he did. You know when all the foam comes up to the top.

SOmeone told me a long time ago that you dont know you got a good pickup truck till you get 150K miles on it.
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2012
  13. pickenup

pickenup Active Member

Romney signed the nation's first ban on assault weapons in Massachusetts and steeply increased fees on gun owners by 400%. How can he convince gun owners that he will be an advocate for them?
  14. Airdale

Airdale Member

Romney vs Obama? I'm convinced!!!!
  15. TheGunClinger

TheGunClinger Active Member Supporting Member

I have to say, me too.
  16. Jerryboy

Jerryboy Well-Known Member

look up Massachusetts assault weapons ban, then tell me he walks the walk.

still, at least he's a successful business man, though i don't believe anything else he says.
  17. Old Grump

Old Grump New Member

Little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin
    James Earl Carter was a good man too. Well liked, Sunday school teacher, moral person not a philanderer or drug and alcohol user ... at least his public face. That worked out well for us. :rolleyes:

Sorry but he joined the NRA late taking a page out of the book of Bush Sr and Bush Jr. in order to get the gun vote. Do you want to know how anti-gun control they were in reality?
  18. Caneman

Caneman Active Member

here are the facts on Mitt and his flip flops on gun rights:

quotes from Mitt:

Newt Gingrich's gun, crime & drug issues compared to Mitt's. (Feb 2012)
    1994: backed 5-day waiting period on gun sales. (Jan 2012)
    Find common ground with pro-gun & anti-gun groups. (Jan 2012)
    2002: I will not chip away at MA's tough gun laws. (Nov 2011)
    2008: "Lifelong" devotion to hunting meant "small varmints". (Jan 2010)
    2002: My positions won't make me the hero of the NRA. (Nov 2008)
    GovWatch: 1994: did not “line up with the NRA”. (Feb 2008)
    Support the 2nd Amendment AND the assault weapon ban. (Jan 2008)
    I support the work of the NRA, but disagree sometimes. (Dec 2007)
    Ok to ban lethal weapons that threaten police. (Dec 2007)
    Compromise MA gun bills were net gain for gun owner. (Aug 2007)
    Supports Second Amendment rights but also assault weapon ban. (May 2007)
    Will support assault weapons bill and Brady Bill. (Aug 1994)

source: http://www.ontheissues.org/mitt_romney.htm#Gun_Control
  19. FlashBang

FlashBang Member

I lived in Vegas for awhile in my life and I learned that you are better off going with a long shot then you are with a losing bet. What we have in charge now is a losing bet.....
  20. 45Auto

45Auto Active Member

At least some folks on this forum have a memory. As noted above, Romney has a horrible 2nd Amendment record. Look what he did as Gov. of Mass? In contrast, during his first two years in office Obama signed a law which made concealed handguns legal on Fed. park land. And Obama has not used any of the mass shooting incidents to propose more gun regulations. As far as the 2nd Amendment goes, Obama has past the political pressure proof test. In contrast, Romney is an unreliable flip-flopper.