Romney on the 2nd

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by armedandsafe, Sep 12, 2012.

1. Jerryboy

Jerryboy Well-Known Member

look up Massachusetts assault weapons ban, then tell me he walks the walk.

still, at least he's a successful business man, though i don't believe anything else he says.
  2. Old Grump

Old Grump New Member

Little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin
    James Earl Carter was a good man too. Well liked, Sunday school teacher, moral person not a philanderer or drug and alcohol user ... at least his public face. That worked out well for us. :rolleyes:

Sorry but he joined the NRA late taking a page out of the book of Bush Sr and Bush Jr. in order to get the gun vote. Do you want to know how anti-gun control they were in reality?
  3. Caneman

Caneman Active Member

here are the facts on Mitt and his flip flops on gun rights:

quotes from Mitt:

Newt Gingrich's gun, crime & drug issues compared to Mitt's. (Feb 2012)
    1994: backed 5-day waiting period on gun sales. (Jan 2012)
    Find common ground with pro-gun & anti-gun groups. (Jan 2012)
    2002: I will not chip away at MA's tough gun laws. (Nov 2011)
    2008: "Lifelong" devotion to hunting meant "small varmints". (Jan 2010)
    2002: My positions won't make me the hero of the NRA. (Nov 2008)
    GovWatch: 1994: did not “line up with the NRA”. (Feb 2008)
    Support the 2nd Amendment AND the assault weapon ban. (Jan 2008)
    I support the work of the NRA, but disagree sometimes. (Dec 2007)
    Ok to ban lethal weapons that threaten police. (Dec 2007)
    Compromise MA gun bills were net gain for gun owner. (Aug 2007)
    Supports Second Amendment rights but also assault weapon ban. (May 2007)
    Will support assault weapons bill and Brady Bill. (Aug 1994)

source: http://www.ontheissues.org/mitt_romney.htm#Gun_Control
  4. FlashBang

FlashBang Member

I lived in Vegas for awhile in my life and I learned that you are better off going with a long shot then you are with a losing bet. What we have in charge now is a losing bet.....
  5. 45Auto

45Auto Active Member

At least some folks on this forum have a memory. As noted above, Romney has a horrible 2nd Amendment record. Look what he did as Gov. of Mass? In contrast, during his first two years in office Obama signed a law which made concealed handguns legal on Fed. park land. And Obama has not used any of the mass shooting incidents to propose more gun regulations. As far as the 2nd Amendment goes, Obama has past the political pressure proof test. In contrast, Romney is an unreliable flip-flopper.
  6. permafrost

permafrost Active Member

I don't like everything he's done in the past on gun control, but this election is to important to vote on one single issue. I think the future of America as we know it is on the line here. We have also lost all respect on the world stage . America must still set a strong example for the world. It's our destiny. It's why so many have fought and died. If we shirk our duty to lead, than there are several more countries who would be only to willing to step forward and fill the void. Do we really want that? Someone has to lead with strength and the right values, and I prefer it be the USA! Romney can do this. Obama has shown us what he can do. Choose wisely.
  7. 45nut

45nut Active Member

It's pretty flipping simple folks, anybody but obozo. Besides, in Mass, he only signed the legislation The People's representatives passed and put before him. States Rights?? Remember the 10th Amendment? Maybe the pro gun crowd needs to get better organized in Mass. Hell, they're Yankee's for crying out loud! :eek::D:D I'm just saying mass can still write another law nullifying the previous one if they're so inclined.

Now, I'm not in favor of stricter gun laws, in fact, I'm kinda in favor of no gun laws period. If you can afford it, buy it and shoot it.