Romney vs. Obama at the Alfred Smith Dinner

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by GunnyGene, Oct 18, 2012.

1. GunnyGene

GunnyGene New Member

If you missed this, you missed a great roast of Obama by Romney. Romney spoke first and had the audience rolling in the aisles with the zingers that he skewered Obama with. When Obama's turn came, he got a few muted chuckles and looked like 3 day old roadkill.

You might be able to find the video of it on youtube or Foxnews.
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2012
  2. rcairflr

rcairflr Well-Known Member

Re: Romney vs. Obama at the Alfred Sloan Dinner

I enjoyed both speaches and got a laugh out of both. Romney was much better though.

Before people make this thread a political thread, the Alfred E Smith memorial dinner is about charity, not politics. Both Obama and Romney were there for that reason and both men gave honor to the others family.
  3. bamajoey

bamajoey Well-Known Member

I watched Romney, then turned the channel when obama got up so I wouldn't puke.
  4. American Leader

American Leader Well-Known Member

It was really telling. Romney was at ease and had many many great one liners ( of course he had plenty of material) then ended with a strong sincere moment. Obama was just ok and again almost seemed like he didn't want to be there. What was bad was Obama made fun of himself far more than Romney, which almost was piling on! It was sorta sad but should work in Romney's favor again. I think he's on a roll.
  5. stumpjumper

stumpjumper Member

"big bird never saw it coming" classic. romney in midtown shopping FOR stores. pretty good zing. I enjoyed both of them but must say romney delivered better. obo seemed flat
  6. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

7. GunnyGene

GunnyGene New Member