1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Ron Paul Issues Statement on ATF Gun Scandal

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by MattCollins, Jun 21, 2011.

1. MattCollins

MattCollins New Member

http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20110620006788/en/Ron-Paul-Issues-Statement-ATF-Gun-Scandal

LAKE JACKSON, Texas--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Today, 2012 GOP presidential candidate Ron Paul commented on the recent revelations about the federal government’s botched program to track gun sales. See statement below.

“The ATF has a long history of abusing our Second Amendment rights, so I was glad to see Congressman Issa demanding answers on the Project “Gunwalker”

“My hope is that the recent hearing will further expose the ATF's and Attorney General Eric Holder's assaults on law-abiding gun owners, and more people will start questioning the need for unconstitutional agencies like the ATF that exist solely to infringe on American citizens' God-given right to keep and bear arms.”
  2. Blackshirts

Blackshirts Well-Known Member

He may be right, but he has too long a standing among too many people as being the "conspiracy theory guy". Not only will he never win the presidency due to this, but his ideas get looked at as "from the crazy guy" and people pass him off. He needs to step aside and let a new face take over.
  3. Hawg

Hawg Active Member

That's the truth.
  4. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

Agreed from here as well.
  5. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

See it for what it is.

The Obama White House exporting thier anti-gun politics onto us, the law abiding men and women of this country.
  6. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

What's wrong with conspiracy theories?

I'm not saying the Moon Landing was fake.

But did you ever buy it that one man shot up JFK in Dallas that day, with that old bolt-action rifle, with a defective scope, with expert precision, with three shots which defied the laws of physics?

They found more bulletholes in the limo than three rounds could have created. The shot that killed Kennedy hit him from the front. There were a number of experts who cooberate that theory.

One of the Watergate burglars - Howard Hunt - said there was a gunman on the grassy knoll. That guy James Files said he was the shooter on the knoll.

Since then, I find it difficult to believe anything the government says is "right." I find it funny the government has two official positions on it. The Warren Commission conclusion and the HSCA conclusion.

Or what about Watergate? Or Iran-Contra? Sorry I find it difficult to blindly believe the government. I'm not a conspiracy nut. I'm just a guy who thinks for himself.
  7. dge479

dge479 New Member

I agree with Ron Paul on this, Yeah he is a bit nutty and no I dont think he would win the presidency,but he is not stupid and lets face it, there are alot of conspiracies out there as illustrated above.
    on this topic he is correct and I would like to see a slew of investigations on this. What they did was bsically comit a crime to show that crime can be commited. People died as a result. and they tried to cover it up. Sorry I want more than one @$$clown resigning.
  8. al45lc

al45lc Active Member

??? Technically, Watergate isn't a conspiracy theory, nor was Iran-Contra.
    Who doesn't know that LBJ had the Pres killed? ;)
    Ron Paul would make a great Pres., but I live in the land of 'can do' reality, and he's not it.
  9. Caneman

Caneman Active Member

in a bubble this is a good statement from Ron Paul, however he is regular nut job as evidenced by the bill he wants to introduce today that would decriminlize marijuana at the federal level... imo the guys wears a tin foil hat
  10. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

He did. Read this.

http://www.viewzone.com/lbj/lbj2.html

As for Watergate, I don't think they ever found out what the burglars were really after. Watergate was related to Dallas as evidenced by "the whole Bay of Pigs thing" as stated by Nixon on the Watergate tapes. They say the same people who committed the break-in at the hotel were the same people who got Kennedy out of the way in Dallas.

As for Iran-Contra, they knew about the illegal arms sales and money to the Contras, but they never really discovered the illegal cocaine smuggling. A guy named Gary Webb has some great articles on it. He's dead though. Two gunshots to the head ruled as a 'suicide.'

Call me crazy, but I don't quite trust the government. They lie, cheat and steal and the people who question them or know too much seem to have accidents, die mysteriously, commit suicide or disappear.
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2011
  11. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

I don't see why it shouldn't be. It's just a plant. Treat it like alcohol. If you do it behind the wheel of a car make it an automatic 10 years in prison.
  12. al45lc

al45lc Active Member

I agree. I use plants for pleasure, they're called grapes, and many people make them into fine wines and enjoy then as I do, responsibly. Many more use wheat, and barley and corn and so on. I don't buy the bull that pot is a "gateway" drug, and cigerettes are FAR more lethal and they're legal.
    Time to spend our law enforcement money better elsewhere, like on the border.
  13. Hawg

Hawg Active Member

I think they should lock you up and throw away the key just for possession.
  14. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

Well the trouble is that the penalties for abusing these things aren't strict enough. If you hand someone a ten year prison sentence for their first DUI, I think that would scare a lot of people out of doing it. Of course it wouldn't stop anybody... No law does. But it would prevent a lot of people from making that choice. I mean how would you or I feel if one of our relatives were killed by a drunk driver?

I think drunk drivers make up a lot of automobile deaths every year. Probably more than gun deaths even counting the illegal guns.
  15. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

I respect your opinion, but the Constitution does say "right to life," therefore since marijuana can help cancer patients, I feel it should be legal in certain amounts. Otherwise you have that possibility that people will grow large amounts of it and create a black market.

I do think that if you smoke the stuff and go and kill someone while under the influence of it, yeah lock them up and throw away the key.

I think marijuana is stupid. I don't see why anybody would want to do it. But I really don't care what people do behind closed doors. Just like gays. I think it's gross, but what other people do in their own lives is their business.

I don't like other people telling me to live my life without guns, so I'm not going to tell other people how to live their lives.