Rookie Mobile officer killed this afternoon

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by hkruss, Feb 3, 2012.

1. hkruss

hkruss Active Member

I'm watching this on the local news as I'm typing, and my blood is boiling.

Some homeboy piece of crap managed to stab a rookie officer (who has since died), and later shot another officer. Latest word is that he was holed up in a house and S.W.A.T. has shot him while trying to arrest him. HOPEFULLY FATALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here is what is so weird about the whole thing.
    He had been arrested earlier this afternoon, and the news station had filmed him doing his perp walk to be put in the squad car. He has his hands cuffed behind him and a few officers around him. He is wearing a large diamond shaped medallion on a long chain around his neck. In the footage of the perp walk, he can be seen bringing his hands (still in cuffs) around to where he can reach the medallion. Somehow, he is able to fold up the medallion in half to where it is now in the shape of a triangle of approx. 3 inches. Even stranger, there is another item on the chain behind the medallion that looks like a box cutter razor blade. In the footage, he appears to be trying to hide the 'blade'. This is all in plain view of the news camera. I bring this up because they still haven't said what the officer was stabbed with, but the news anchors are speculating whether the medallion or the "blade" was later used.
    After this was filmed, he was taken to be booked. All that is known so far is that they got to the jail, the sallie port door was opened, and the transporting officer drove in. The door then closed behind the squad car. It was apparently at this point, the guy somehow got out of his cuffs, (maybe a stashed cuff key?) stabbed the officer, got back in the squad car, and managed to back through the sallie port door.
    He was pursued until he ditched the car and holed up in the house, apparently with the deceased officers weapon which he used to shoot a second officer, wounding him slightly.

Just updated, the suspect WAS killed by S.W.A.T. ! Good riddance.

I just can't get over the video they show of the guy when he was originally arrested. I keep wondering why the medallion and possible blade were not taken from him in the original pat down. Another thing was just how cocky this guy was, mugging for the camera and talking trash. In the video, he can be heard saying something like, "this is all part of the movie, ya'll will see me again in a little bit". Makes me wonder if he KNEW that somehow he would escape. He was just so arrogant. But now he got his just reward.

Hope you guys will excuse my disjointed thread, but I'm upset over this. Mobile is not a huge city, so there is that sense of community here that makes it feel kind of personal. I know several local officers here, and I have a fine son-in-law who is an officer of two years in another agency, so yeah, it kind of hits home.

I know several of you guys are officers, so just be extra careful, OK?

I will see if I can post a link to the story. Here is one. Not much info yet, but I will post more as it is updated.

http://www.local15tv.com/news/local...lled-Suspect-Dead/vi0jcduL2EWwLXwtQGHbQQ.cspx

2. time2shoot

time2shoot Active Member

I hop it was slow and painfull for him.
    sorry i'm an eye for an eye typ of guy. they should have stabed him with a spoon.
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2012
  3. Rhuga

Rhuga Member

I hate to hear of these kinds of things. But, one good thing came out of this. That scum will not bother anyone else. I can think of alot of others that should go the same way.
  4. hkruss

hkruss Active Member

Here is a link of when he was first arrested. You can see him fiddling with the medallion in the video, and hear him mouthing off.
    Like I said, I don't know if the medallion was used as the weapon, but why would he make a point to fold it up? The local news people are speculating he was trying to hide the supposed blade behind it.

http://www2.wkrg.com/news/2012/feb/03/breaking-news-officers-shot-ar-3168048/

5. cycloneman

cycloneman Well-Known Member

did you hear what he said in the vid?

whatever he is dead. he will not be missed. born to die.