Rossi 22 cal pistol

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by roaddog, May 28, 2012.

1. roaddog

roaddog New Member

i just aquired a 22 cal pistol. it is a side by side double barrell with twin hammers and 2 triggers. on top it says rossi cal 22 made in brazil. on the side it says firearms international corp washington d.c.. can anyone tell me about this neat looking pistol, year, and value?
  2. Rockyja

Rockyja Former Guest

Living in Burnsville, MN, a Transplant from Los An
    Do you have any pictures of it?
  3. Bill DeShivs

Bill DeShivs Well-Known Member

Rossi "Garrucha" derringer. Pre-1968. F.I. was the importer.
  4. RJay

RJay Well-Known Member

These guns were originally made for the very poor in South America. Usually in .320 caliber, many of the guns were not even rifled. Because of the local laws prohibiting certain guns and caliber these were all they could get or afford for protection from the local bandits. Rossie jazzed them up a little and imported them prior to 1968, they were not a big seller because here in the US they were nothing more than a curiosity. As Bill posted, if you google Garrucha pistols you should be able to obtain more information . They are not a high quality nor high value item.
  5. Hammerslagger

Hammerslagger New Member

As previously mentioned in this thread, a very cheaply made pistol. It been about 40 years, but the examples that I handled had crudely rifled bores, in name only.

Also these pistols do not begin to meet any reasonable safety standard for loading and not firing immediately. Be very careful handling one of them when it has a round in a chamber(s).
  6. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

Here ya go, Rocky.

Attached Files:

7. Hammerslagger

Hammerslagger New Member

Alpo, I am surprised that a man of your good tastes would possess such an arm. It is even cruder looking than I remember. Perhaps, you should give it to me, the next time I am in your part of FL.
  8. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

I do not own such an arm. I collect pictures of strange guns, so when someone says, "A 2.7mm Kolibri? A Browning A 25 caliber revolver? A Helfricht Model 3? Whatdaheck is dat?", I can show 'em.

Attached Files:

9. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

Although I think it would be cool as hell to have a 2.7mm Kolibri.
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2012