Rossi 22 cal pistol

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by roaddog, May 28, 2012.

1. roaddog

roaddog New Member

i aquired a Rossi 22 cal double barrell handgun, dual hammers and dual triggers. it is put out by firearms international corp, washington, d.c.. ser no is 320009. made in brazil. cannont find out any info on this piece. can anyone tell me where to get info? or tell me anything about this piece. it is really neat piece.
  2. Goody

Goody Member

I had a couple over the years. They were made as you say by Rossi, in Brazil, who have since been bought by Taurus. FIE was the US importer of the product. They were made in 22lr, which is what both of mine were, as well as 32 of some unknown dimensions. I was never able to find one of the 32's however. IIRC correctly I sold them for around $200 each, at different times but within the last 8-10 years. Here is a thread from another site that has some additional info.

http://www.thehighroad.org/archive/index.php/t-627279.html
  3. RJay

RJay Well-Known Member

Very popular with the very poor in South America who can't afford to carry any thing better. Rossie tested the waters by offering them in the US prior to 1968 but the North Americanos didn't take to a double SXS derringers. The ones sold in SA are usually in .320 caliber and many are smooth bore.