Rossi 22 pump

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by HECKATHORN, Dec 3, 2012.

1. HECKATHORN

HECKATHORN New Member

When I first became part of this forum I introduced my Rossi 22 pump I never got around to a pic. Here it is image.jpg what may be the worth any idea
  2. gun runner

gun runner Former Guest

Put that possum on the bbq pit.
  3. HECKATHORN

HECKATHORN New Member

Haha I did bud, it's a little greasy but the meat is amazing I shot that about a year ago
  4. gun runner

gun runner Former Guest

greasy possum? try baked buzzard with green beans and mashed potatoes with brown gravy
  5. Rogeritall

Rogeritall Member

My very first .22 I owned was the Winchester model 62a that your Rossi was modeled after. If the Rossi shoots even half as well as the ole Winchester did, then its a fine shooting rifle. I sure do wish I had that Winchester back sometimes. :)
  6. sting75ray

sting75ray Active Member

Those little 62s are sweet rifles. I had one that belonged to my Dad and then about a year ago I found another one. I brought it home and the next day I had my twin daughters out shooting them. I gave a Model 62 to both of them that day. Now I need to find one for myself again.:mad::D
  7. HECKATHORN

HECKATHORN New Member

I would love to get my hand on one of the 62A's. I have done much research and they have always been a great rifle according to txt the Rossi is as well a great rifle I do a lot of shooting with it and its a dream. Quiet light weight smooth beautiful.
  8. clamman

clamman Member

I have one of the Taurus clones. So far, considering it IS a Taurus, it's been great. Bought it used, looks brand new.
  9. Rogeritall

Rogeritall Member

The Winchester 62a I had was a great shooter. Like the total idiot I can be sometimes I traded it for a new Ruger MkII SS and some accessories. Sadly a little over a year later I was laid off from work and had to sell the MKII for bill money. I'll likely never have another Win 62a in my life, because I just don't ever see it in my budget again, and besides it would not be the same one I had back then anyway.

Regret is rough, but at least I never had to sell the Win 62a to pay bill's I guess. I can tell myself that anyway :rolleyes:

But, yes that Rossi of your's looks like a very nice gun indeed. :)
  10. RimfireRat

RimfireRat New Member

~~ Did you for real? They are terrible greasy ,I used to rub the grease on my boots to water proof 'em, yrs back when I was trapping..Often thought about tryig ta eat one ,but never did .I like Groundhogs they are good eat'n ,then again they don't eat garbage either :D ~~RR~~
  11. redworm

redworm New Member

I had a gunshop in the late 90's. Rossi had a deal at one time for every 5 Rossi's you ordered, guess what................You got a free model 62.......Now was that a deal or what? Needless to say I recieved several free of the little
    gallery guns...................Redworm...................
  12. Fatstrat

Fatstrat Member

I was in gunshp recently when a 62 came in UPS for a FFL transfer. Shop owner unboxed it to examine it. MAN, talk a a pretty rifle. It looks brand new. I bet someone paid a pretty penny for it.
  13. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

This past summer, my local gun shop had one of those for a week or two and I didn't have the money to get it and I didn't ask them to hold it.. The day I got the cash, I went directly to the shop and the owner told me that he sold it earlier that day. That is just my luck!!
  14. Danwin22

Danwin22 Member

There is something very special about the feel of the original Winchester 62 or the Rossi reproduction. I have the Rossi and it will be with me forever.

Attached Files:

15. Fatstrat

Fatstrat Member

Well, you guys are making me want to finish my Winchester 1890 project that has been on back burner for several years. It's so close to finished that it's ridiculous that I haven't done it yet.
  16. Danwin22

Danwin22 Member

Finish that '90 and it will soon become a favorite for plinking and easy one-hand carry.

I love old Winchester .22's and wish I had a model-61 Pump and a model-63 semi-auto to fill out my want list.
  17. A square 10

A square 10 New Member

after seeing this thread i may seek one of these rossis out for the grandson , it looks a very nice rifle ,

my first rifle [i bought myself] was a winchester 1890 , like the story above i too parted with it in a weak moment of need for dollars ,
    i finally got tierd of kicking myself for that stupid move and sought out a replacement a few years ago , its not my original 'first rifle' but its pretty darned close , its found a place in my heart ,
    not the best photo but ..........here it is

[​IMG]