Rossi .357 Revolver - Anyone Have One? - Opinions!

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by JohnnyFlake, Mar 11, 2012.

1. JohnnyFlake

JohnnyFlake New Member

I know there have been many threads about the Carter Revolvers and the Taurus Revolvers in .357/.38 and a whole lot of pros & cons about them.

I had never given much thought to the Rossi line of revolvers but I am aware of the really nice quality of their lever guns, especially the newer ones. Yesterday, I had a chance to handle a 4" blued Rossi .357/38 and I was really impressed. I cannot recall the model number (My Bad) but it was a beauty. It has kind of a medium frame, like a J Frame S&W and holds 6 rounds. It really feels good in my hand and the action is smooth, I really mean smooth. It also locks up tighter than a drum, as the saying goes. DA is kind of rough but SA is very light and smooth, maybe 3lbs. If I recall correctly, it weighs just over two lbs at 33oz. It also carries an adjustable rear sight with a burnt orange frt sight.

Price wise they are about $350 which is half the price of a similar Ruger or S&W.

I'd like to check into the Rossi Rep for their revolvers and get some feedback. I was so impressed that I almost bought it yesterday but I held off, looking for some feedback as I mentioned.
  2. DixieLandMan

DixieLandMan Member

Not a .357 but a .38 Special. It is a fun, easy to carry snub nose. I bought it for my now ex wife and it shoots really well. Great gun in my opinion.
  3. RunningOnMT

RunningOnMT New Member

It's a Rossi R97104. It's the only .357 w/4" barrel they make. I've never owned one but just based on the quality of their lever guns, I wouldn't hesitate to buy one, especially at that price. The price from Davidsons throuigh my dealer is $375.00. Buds has them I think for $344.00, but with them you have less than great customer service and delivery times I'm told.

R97104.jpg

BRAND: Braztech|Rossi # OF MAGS:
    MODEL: R97104 SAFETY: Taurus Security System
    TYPE: Revolver SIGHTS: Rear: Adjustable Front: Red Inserts
    CALIBER: 357 BARREL LENGTH: 4"
    FINISH: Blue OVERALL LENGTH: 8.5"
    ACTION: Double Action WEIGHT: 32 oz
    STOCK: Rubber Grips with Deep Contoured Finger Grooves PACKAGING:
    CAPACITY: 6 FEATURES:
    CHOKES: FEATURES:
    CHAMBER: BUTT PLATE:
    MUZZLE: RECEIVER:
  4. JohnnyFlake

JohnnyFlake New Member

Yes Sir, there she be, and I am telling you, they are dam nice guns!
  5. Clipper

Clipper Active Member

I have a 2" Rossi .357 in stainless. It is made for Rossi by Taurus, and a very good shooter. It is more accurate than I am, and fun to shoot.