Rossi .38 Special

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by CountryGunsmith, Mar 3, 2003.

1. CountryGunsmith

CountryGunsmith New Member

sped123
    (1/17/03 10:34:09 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All Rossi 38 Special
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Got a .38 special made by Rossi. The box I bought it in says M69 Blue 2" BBL. The gun itself says "Made in Brazil" and has the word "Interarms" and Alexandria, Virginia on it. Its probably 8 or 9 years old and hasn't had a hundred rounds through it since purchased.

A buddy of mine is looking for a 38 to carry while he's off duty and asked about mine. Any idea on its value? I don't want to jerk this guy around, but I do want a fair price for it. Any input is welcomed.

Thanks.

SpEd

kdub01
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (1/17/03 11:30:24 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Rossi 38 Special
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Welcome, SpEd - Hope you will join in the discussions on the other forums here on the board, also.

My MODERN GUN VALUES book says the Rossi Model 69 was only mfg'd in .32 S&W with a 3" bbl.

The Model 68 was/is made made with a 2" & 3" bbl, in 38 Spl. In Excellent condition, $150, in Very Good, $125, in Good, $110.

"Keep Off The Ridgeline"

sped123
    (1/17/03 11:45:13 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Rossi 38 Special
    You are correct. It IS a model 68. Sorry for the typo. I've had two of these for some time now and haven't really had the chance to shoot much. Now that I do, I've just purchased a new 9mm Daewoo so I'm looking to maybe sell one of the 38's. I'm surprised at the value. I thought it would be less. The pistol is in awesome condition but the guy is a LEO buddy of mine and has helped me a lot. I'll probably shoot for around an even $100 for him. I need some ammo money anyway.

Thanks for the info. Look for me around the forums.

SpEd