Rossi 38 special?

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by Vladimir, Apr 4, 2008.

1. Vladimir

Vladimir New Member

Saw one at the local show for $265, I want to add a revolver and 1911 to my collection, and though I'm in no rush $265 for a 38 special seems like a great deal. Just wanted to know if anyone has some more info? I mean it obviously wasn't LNIB but thats not my intent either.

In other news the gun show was horribly disappointing. I came home with a case of American Eagle 115gr for $210 after taxes, which wasn't bad, but nothing to write home about either. Couldn't find my night sights anywhere, and found a total of ONE USP mag and the guy wanted an arm and a leg for it.

Oh well, at least I got the ammo. And maybe I will go back if that 38 special revolver turns out to be a good deal.
  2. llama.45

llama.45 New Member

i have bought my mom and my sister one each for presents. excellent guns imho
  3. Vladimir

Vladimir New Member

Hmmm it felt good, but looking at some of the auction sites there are some on there for even cheaper. I wish I had an exact model number, but there were some rossis online for $225, brand new! I can only assume this one is a higher model but no way to know for sure I guess.
  4. Terry_P

Terry_P New Member

I'm guessing if you look around you could find a good used S&W Model 10 4" for $200 and when the deal is done you own a Smith.
  5. Vladimir

Vladimir New Member

I prefer the snub-nose for CCW option but maybe not. I guess you only need one gun you trust your life on, the rest can just be range fun, in which case barrel length is not an issue.
  6. 45nut

45nut Active Member

I carry a SS Rossi / Taurus .38 Spl about half the time. It's a suburb weapon and it functions just fine. It doesn't have to be a Smith to get the job done.