Rossi 92 Ejector Binding

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by spuznick242, Oct 4, 2012.

1. spuznick242

spuznick242 New Member

Hello all! :D

I am neck deep in my first gun project and I am in need of some serious guidance. I have the Gunslinger kit from Lee's for my Interarms 92src .45colt and have been plugging away at it while I have time but now I am ready for assembly. My current hang up is when I install the ejector it binds on the arm that the spring and collar push off of. It actually binds so tight that the spring cannot push the ejector out. I have detail pictures if anyone can explain how to post pictures as its difficult to describe. I feel that if I was to remove any metal so that it would move freely than it would comprimise the strength.

Thanks for any and all advice, it is much appreciated.
  2. packetsplace

packetsplace Member

Will it work with the original spring?
  3. packetsplace

packetsplace Member

4. spuznick242

spuznick242 New Member

It still binds with the original spring, I'm not sure that it ever worked because there were no wear marks on the ejector when I removed it the first time but I have alot of rounds through this gun, more so that most of my others and it was usually pretty reliable, had trouble ejecting every now and then but not often.

Comparing the parts to the pictures on the Nevada shooters site, I think the arm that the spring and collar push off of is bent tward the firing pin side rather than away from the firing pin as in the pictures, causing the arm to bind on the ejector rather than just hold the spring in place. I'm sure the pictures would help, I'll hopefully have them up shortly.
  5. spuznick242

spuznick242 New Member

6. Hawg

Hawg Active Member

It helps to have an empty cartridge on the bolt to ensure the ejector stays in place during assembly.
  7. spuznick242

spuznick242 New Member

Thank you but that is not the problem. I'm passed that part, the ejector is installed on the bolt, my problem is the binding. If anyone can provide some advice, should I just stone it till it works freely? Should I drill the pins and punch them out on the arm that spring pushes off of and then reposition it so it doesnt bind? Any help?
  8. packetsplace

packetsplace Member

I dont have a dismantled 92 in front of me but I think I understand whats going on. I would try a brass hammer on the left side, where your fingers are in the photo, and knock it down ever so lightly. That may move it enough to clear. If that doesnt work, I would file a little off the hook.
  9. spuznick242

spuznick242 New Member

I'm at home so I dont have the parts in front of me but you suggest I try moving the ejector twards the firing pin via brass hammer. What part do you mean by hook? The area the pin rides on to keep the ejector in place? :)
  10. packetsplace

packetsplace Member

Not the ejector, the hook that holds the spring in place. The hook is the part with the two pins holding it in place. It looks to me that the hook is bent down towards the rear and dragging on the ejector.
  11. packetsplace

packetsplace Member

Another thing I noticed is that the rear portion of the ejector looks pretty rough. Maybe it is binding on the spring collar as it slides through.
  12. spuznick242

spuznick242 New Member

Than ks for all the advice guys! I ended up taking out the pins holding in the arm and bending the arm straight but it must have been a factory issue since it still was binding up, one of the holes for pin in the arm was drilled in the wrong location. I ended up turning the portion of the pin that the ejector slides on a few thousands to free it up.

My only compliant is the trigger pull, its almost too light, the hammer falls every other time when drop testing it but I have yet to check for primer hits.