1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Rossi M88

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by Chief Mac, Sep 22, 2005.

1. Chief Mac

Chief Mac New Member

I picked up a Rossi Mod 88 w/2"barrel in 38 Special. It was made in Brazil and inported by Int'l Arms. This one looks like an S&W clone. has a floating firing pin.
    shrouded ejector rod etc. The current Rossi website offers info only on guns made since the Braz-Tech merger. Does anyone know of a souce for info on these older Rossis?
  2. oldhunter

oldhunter New Member

Bought one for my wife for Christmas about 10 years ago. She carries it on occassion and I will often also carry it when taking a walk with my dog and feel no need for anything larger. At 25', it will group about 2-3" with just about any ammo. Would not recommend using +P ammo for extended use.

At the time I bought it and another Rossi #971 in .357, these were made by Rossi in Brazil and rated as decent revolvers at a nominal price. Rossi later merged with Taurus.

oldhunter