1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Rossi Model 720 - 44 Special

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by tonygrz, Feb 2, 2011.

1. tonygrz

tonygrz New Member

I've purchased a Rossi Model 720 in 44 Special. I haven't gotten it yet but was wondering if these revolvers are any good. Kind of late to ask, but that's life. It looks like a 44 Special in a 357 frame. Is that correct?? Any pros and cons would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Tony
    Texas
  2. fleetwood1976

fleetwood1976 Active Member

they are like a rossi 971 357 but 5 shot I believe. I had one with an unfluted cylinder and sold it years ago. I wish I had it back, it is hard to find them under $300 anymore. The one I had shot and handled great. I am sure a smith and wesson would be better quality but also 2 or 3 times more expensive. did you buy the one online for $265? I was seriosly thinking about it myself. but I hate the shipping and ffl hassle of online buying. If you want to fire occasionally and carry it will be fine. I wouldn't shoot a 1000 rounds a month in it.
  3. tonygrz

tonygrz New Member

Yep, that's the one. I have a friendly FFL dealer near me that only charges me $20 for a transfer. $295 plus transfer fee is still not bad. This will be my first 44 special. I've been told that it's a great round. It will end up being my truck gun.

Tony
  4. fleetwood1976

fleetwood1976 Active Member

I have been looking at smith and wessons and they start at over $600 used. I don't think you can go wrong at that price. I have been laid off since last march so I ain't buying much of anything right now.
  5. Carne Frio

Carne Frio Member

I have the Rossi 720 CH. It is a great shooter and fits well into S&W K frame holsters.
  6. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    Where did you find that Smith for $600? I've been looking for one also, and I can't find anything for less than $850.
  7. al45lc

al45lc Active Member

I sold mine and have been kicking myself ever since. Great trail gun with the 3" barrel and adjustable sights, very accurate.
    I bought a S&W titanium to replace it, damn good gun but at nearly 3 times the price!
    One of my truly regrettable deals.