Rossi Model 720 - 44 Special

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by tonygrz, Feb 2, 2011.

1. tonygrz

tonygrz New Member

I've purchased a Rossi Model 720 in 44 Special. I haven't gotten it yet but was wondering if these revolvers are any good. Kind of late to ask, but that's life. It looks like a 44 Special in a 357 frame. Is that correct?? Any pros and cons would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Tony
    Texas
  2. fleetwood1976

fleetwood1976 Active Member

they are like a rossi 971 357 but 5 shot I believe. I had one with an unfluted cylinder and sold it years ago. I wish I had it back, it is hard to find them under $300 anymore. The one I had shot and handled great. I am sure a smith and wesson would be better quality but also 2 or 3 times more expensive. did you buy the one online for $265? I was seriosly thinking about it myself. but I hate the shipping and ffl hassle of online buying. If you want to fire occasionally and carry it will be fine. I wouldn't shoot a 1000 rounds a month in it.
  3. tonygrz

tonygrz New Member

Yep, that's the one. I have a friendly FFL dealer near me that only charges me $20 for a transfer. $295 plus transfer fee is still not bad. This will be my first 44 special. I've been told that it's a great round. It will end up being my truck gun.

Tony
  4. fleetwood1976

fleetwood1976 Active Member

I have been looking at smith and wessons and they start at over $600 used. I don't think you can go wrong at that price. I have been laid off since last march so I ain't buying much of anything right now.
  5. Carne Frio

Carne Frio Member

I have the Rossi 720 CH. It is a great shooter and fits well into S&W K frame holsters.
  6. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    Where did you find that Smith for $600? I've been looking for one also, and I can't find anything for less than $850.
  7. al45lc

al45lc New Member

I sold mine and have been kicking myself ever since. Great trail gun with the 3" barrel and adjustable sights, very accurate.
    I bought a S&W titanium to replace it, damn good gun but at nearly 3 times the price!
    One of my truly regrettable deals.