Rossi singleshot 22 rifle

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by flyingtiger85, Nov 23, 2010.

1. flyingtiger85

flyingtiger85 Active Member

I recently went to visit my dad in Ohio and after a couple of days he showed me a 22 single shot Rossi he bought about a year ago and never fired it.Of course I volunteered to test fire it for him.So I walked down over the hill to a ridge and proceeded to check it out .It made a nice crack and echoed through the hills then the smoken shell ejects a couple feet behind you.Even thought its not high capacity and simple, it was fun to shoot.I would like to find something similar in 22 magnum.I liked it.
  2. old semperfi

old semperfi New Member

i live in southern indiana,old country boy at hear
    try marlins web sight,they make a number of 22mag rifles in bolt action. old semperfi
  3. Big Shrek

Big Shrek Active Member

I'm partial to the Marlin 25MN & 25M (same thing, practically) in .22WMR.
    Both can be found inexpensively at pawn shops, and they shoot better than rifles costing 5 times as much :)
    Bought mine for $80 :D

If you like coyotes well-done at 100-150 yards or less, that's your huckleberry :D

My 25MN is the rifle that started my Marlin addiction, due to it's unbelievably precise shot placement.
    If I do my part, it DEFINITELY does the job.

Best thing about used ones, the first owner tends to do a trigger job, so usually all you need to do is a fast clean, then a polish job on the trigger/sear mating, and put it all back together.

And EASY is the way I'd describe Marlin trigger jobs...you can pay a g-smith $50-75,
    or do it yourself and save a bundle :D

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2010
  4. flyingtiger85

flyingtiger85 Active Member

Nice, the Marlin does look good.I like the scope and bipod.Also the wood stocks look better than synthetic plastic in my opinion.I'll keep a eye on a local pawn shop that has a large selection and has waves of new guns frequently.When my extra money and the right gun all come together I'll get a flat shooting 22 mag.rifle.P.S why do we always want more guns.
  5. Zane71464

Zane71464 Well-Known Member

+1 on that, I had the 25M a few years back and can honestly say it was one of the best, if not the best .22 mag I'd ever shot.
    And, "why do we always want more guns?"
    Cant really answer that other than to say, you just cant have enough!:) Just when you think you have all your bases cover on what you need, along comes another great shooting firearm that's hard to pass up! Seems that's the way it works with me...just does, especially when you walk in a gun shop and there is "one" just seemingly sticking out there that catches your attention...:D
  6. slickab

slickab Member

FLYINGTIGER85,
    I have the same animal, almost, a Rossi single shot with 2 barrels, a 22 mag and a 12 gauge. I love mine, got it at Academy, very reasonably priced!