The Firearms Forum banner

Rotate Carry Ammo to Prevent FTF and Kaboom

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  flboots 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
It's necessary to unload and reload carry weapons at times for one reason or another, but it's important to rotate the ammo rather than repeatedly chambering the same one or two rounds. Repeated chambering can not only cause bullet setback, which could arguably lead to kaboom, it DEFINITELY can also cause primer compound separation, which was the documented cause of a Georgia police officer's failure to fire in a situation requiring deadly force.

#2 · (Edited)
good info and welcome to TFF

why don't you consider posting in the introduction section so everyone can say a proper "Howdy" to ya?:D

I personally fire off my carry ammo about once a year and replace it but I do not routinely chamber and re-chamber my carry ammo. It just stays in the gun until I take it out to practice fire the gun and clean it. I don't see the reason that you would unload your carry gun every day unless you had kids and couldn't lock it up.

I've expressed caution to fellow re-loaders when I hear that they put newly loaded ammo into the vibratory tumbler to remove excess lube. I just don't think that's good for loaded ammo and by looking at the video, maybe there is more evidence.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.