Rotten People!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by pinecone70, Mar 1, 2009.

1. pinecone70

pinecone70 Active Member

There are some really nasty people in this world. :mad:

I was at my dad's house today and collected the mail. There was a letter from the sheriff's department from the neighboring county about an active misdemeanor warrant for driving after cancellation. The first and last names match my dad's, but the middle name is different and has a different initial.

Essentially, some jerk with a warrant has been giving out my dad's address and phone number as his own.

Now I'll have to clear this up, since I am my dad's guardian. Dad is currently in the hospital, and he hasn't driven a vehicle for over three years, so I'll have to prove to the warrant division that my dad isn't the guy they want, and that the fugitive lied to an officer at some point. He'll be in even more trouble. Apparently this jerk was recently living in the trailer park a couple of miles away and probably took my dad's information right out of the phone book. I found more information for free on the internet than the sheriff's department did! I'm sure I'll need to follow up on this by mailing them a letter to keep my dad's name out of it too.

Grr! How awful to do use a little old man's address like this!
  2. RunningOnMT

RunningOnMT New Member

That's a shame Pinecone. I hope it doesn't take more than a phonecall to straighten out....it shouldn't.
  3. durk

durk New Member

Good luck with that Pinecone.:)
  4. pinecone70

pinecone70 Active Member

Thanks! It might actually be interesting if this nut gets caught and charged with more crimes than he's already committed. I like it when people have to admit they tried to pull one over on the cops, jeez.
  5. glocknut

glocknut New Member

AND THAT'S THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad:

mike
    gn
  6. 1shot1k

1shot1k Former Guest

:cool::cool::cool:

Hope also that phone call and your details clear this up quick....you will also be throwin first dart at catchin this jerk...hope Dad is feelin better as well....
  7. jacksonco

jacksonco New Member

Pinecone the deception may go farther than just lying to the police. This person has stolen your dad's identity and they may have been running up charges on your dad's name. You most certainly want to get a complaint filed asap and find out whayt you need to do to check if your dad's name has been used in fraudulent activities.
  8. Big ugly

Big ugly New Member

It could also be that they are making attemps to find this guy also. After my father moved to Georgia I was stuck paying for a ticket he recieved siply becouse we have the same last name. It was a simple harmless seatbelt violation but it happens all the same. the couny did a quick search and found that there was still a --------- ---------- in the area but they neglected to dig far enough to tell that one was born in 1955 and the other was born in 1977. I know its unfortunate but it may safe some heart burn buy just making a phone call. Dont be suprised if it turns out to be a simple administration error, They do happen.
  9. Bruce FLinch

Bruce FLinch New Member

You might check w/ banks, credit card co, to make sure his ID hasn't been stolen. Good Luck.
  10. artabr

artabr New Member

Hopefully your state is like my state and has enhanced penalties for crimes against the elderly. I hope the catch this low life piece of dung. :mad:

Art
  11. pickenup

pickenup Active Member

Had something similar happen to me years ago.
    Hope they catch him, and nail his hide to the wall.......literally.
  12. 358 winchester

358 winchester *TFF Admin Staff*

Pinecone we got some nice gator holes around here we could drop him in one of them for you at no charge ;)
  13. TranterUK

TranterUK Guest

Sorry to read of your problem pinecone.

As I say to my kids, there are nice people in the world and nasty people in the world and always will be. Best you can do is avoid the nasty ones, and spend time with the nice ones. :)
  14. Lori Mick

Lori Mick New Member

Good morning and best of luck getting this mess taken care of.

We get several of these things happening with our clients too. It's not identity theft....rather...it's the IRS or government agency grasping at straws. They have a name but they can't find them....so they pull up all the records of names that sound familiar and send them tax due notices.
    Some people actually pay the taxes without investigating....but most others will give the notices to us to get it corrected. It's not an overnight fix but it does get fixed.
    When you said the middle name is different, it just makes me think that is what is happening.

Just my thoughts, and hope it gets cleared up quickly. It's a pain in the butt when it happens but it can and will be fixed.

Lori
  15. mrkirker

mrkirker New Member

I found more information for free on the internet than the sheriff's department did!
    Typical LEO's!
    Hope getting this straightened out goes smoothly, but don't count on it. They'll HATE to admit they made an error, and will probably make you jump through all kinds of hoops to 'prove' that your Dad isn't trying to pull one over on 'em.