Roy Lucas died

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by armedandsafe, Nov 9, 2003.

1. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

You might not have agreed with many of his principals, but he was a brilliant Constitutional lawyer and was on our side.

Roy Lucas, 61, Legal Theorist Who Helped Shape Roe Suit, Dies
    By IAN URBINA

Published: November 7, 2003

Roy Lucas, a lawyer who helped fashion the "right to privacy" legal argument used in Roe v. Wade, the landmark Supreme Court ruling that legalized abortion in the United States, died on Monday in Prague. He was 61 and lived in Washington.

The cause was a heart attack, said his sister, Mary E. Lucas. She said her brother was in the Czech Republic doing research.
  2. Smokin Guns

Smokin Guns New Member

Didn't recognize the name Pops. Guess i'm not keeping up with the times...:(
  3. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

He was our lead attorney on the Silveira case we are taking before the Supreme Court (we hope.) He had a very good track record and KNEW Constitutional law. Dunno what the plans are now, but we aren't going to back off.

Pops
  4. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

Unfortunately, it's going to be hard to replace him. He was THE expert in cases of our interest and was sorely needed in the Silveira case.

There are others, I am sure, but none were up to full steam on this case as Roy was. He will be missed terribly. He had more Constitutional law and argument in his head than most have ever been exposed to.