1. polishshooter

polishshooter Active Member

My local Wally World has a bottle of RS Pyrodex on clearance for $10 that I almost bought, even though I don't really need it, I use FFFg in all my BP guns, and this is FFg equivalent.

The only gun I have that MIGHT shoot it is my son's CVA frontier carbine in .50 cal...right? Everything else is .45 cal or less....

But I'm thinking of buying it and putting it back just in case I get something someday that MAY shoot it....for that price WTH, right?
  2. Country101

Country101 Active Member

Yeah, for a good price, cant hurt. You might try the stuff and see what a differance it makes on your load. I had a friend that shot FFFg blackpowder with .50 ball and he tried my pyrodex that was FFg equivalent and they shot close enough not to be able to tell any differance.
  3. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

I know lots of cowboy shooters that load FF in their 44 and 45 cartridge loads.
  4. Hawg

Hawg Active Member

I use RS in everything from .36 Navies up to my .58 Enfield including 44-40 cartridges and 12 gauge shotgun shells.
  5. Buffalochip

Buffalochip Active Member

Buy it. I've used it exclusively in my .45 T/C Hawken for 25 years or so (it likes 90 grains). Tried FFFG once and it kicked so hard it hurt!
  6. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

I've used it in my 50s for years. It works and I like stuff that works.

Pops