Ruger 10/22 for Apple Seed Project

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by Joe M, Nov 1, 2009.

1. Joe M

Joe M Member

I've decide that I'm going to attend an Apple Seed Project event over the weekend of April 17 - 18, 2010 near Custer, SD... Anyone else making plans for this event?

I'm going in with the basics you might say. I've got my Ruger 10/22 set up with the Tech-Sight TSR200 Aperture, a sling, plenty of 10 round magazines, and plenty of ammo to practice with between now and then. I even ran some copies of the scaled targets that will be shot from 25 meters.

In an enclosed flyer I got with my TSR200 Aperture, it says that it is a good idea to zero your rifle at 1/2" high at 25 meters. After shooting these paper scaled silhouettes today I'm guessing the reason for this is to approach these particular "Infantry" style targets with a "Six O'Clock" hold.

I had zeroed dead center at first and found that with that zero your front sight will wonder a bit to much for my taste, and it does not allow you to engage the meaty part of the target each and every time. I then re'zeroed with the "Six O'Clock" hold that hits 1/2" high and this is much better for all the target sizes a person will be shooting at in these events.

I'll admit I'm an old dog, but I still can be taught new tricks and I'm always willing to learn, and re'learn the things I've forgotten over the years. I'm looking forward to the April event.

Anyone else attending up near Custer, SD in April?:)