The Firearms Forum banner

Ruger 10/22

Tags
ruger
2K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  Charles_Daly 
#1 ·
I have finally been granted clearance (from my mom) to buy a new gun! I have decided that I am going to get a Ruger 10/22. What I want to know is, is there any difference between the carbine and the Sporter other than the wood type and the checkering (and the extra 100 dollars)? Also, I have been looking into some of the interesting aftermarket mods. Will the mods work with any of the models available? I can see that they might not work for the target or Takedown model but they should be fine with the carbine or Sporter right?

#2 ·
From what you've already said yourself, I think you have answered your own question. Save the extra $100 now, and spend it later for the modificatiuons that you WILL make sooner or later. The Carbine is a great, fun and dandy rifle as-is, and pretty darned accurate, too, right out of the box. Why spend the extra dollars for the more expensive Sporter's parts when you will get rid of them anyway? Good luck!

#4 ·
Thanks guys. I will be getting the carbine as soon as I get my first summer paycheck!

#9 ·
I am at 6 or 7 now... I;ve lost count

I install this in every one one of them

http://www.midwayusa.com/Product/43...d-automatic-bolt-release-ruger-10-22-titanium

it's easier to work on the fingers and to release the bolt you just pull back the charging handle and let it go, like an M1 Garand
Ha I can tell I'm going to be spending a lot more than the price of the gun. As soon as I clicked your link I saw a few things that I might just need in the related items. :D

#11 ·
I am at 6 or 7 now... I;ve lost count

I install this in every one one of them

http://www.midwayusa.com/Product/43...d-automatic-bolt-release-ruger-10-22-titanium

it's easier to work on the fingers and to release the bolt you just pull back the charging handle and let it go, like an M1 Garand
db, I ended up buying two of those extended magazine releases you showed in an earlier thread. Now, can you post a picture of this little piece of equipment after installation? I would like to see how it looks on the rifle.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.