Ruger 10/22

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by Guest, May 17, 2003.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Okay guys (and gals of course). Now that I accidently acquired one what do I do with it?

Anybody got a clue how to take it apart? What are the best aftermarket mags for it? I have one original magazine that came with it.

[​IMG]

It's got a few dings and dents, a tiny bit of surface rust but other than that looks to be a good little rifle.

Finally something to shoot that 10,000+ rounds of ammo through.
  2. Smokin Guns

Smokin Guns New Member

Nice looking rifle...T...

Post up some pic's of your targets...whenever ya get to your shootin place. What make and power scope ya got on it?...and how can ya get one of those by accident?...some folks got all the luck!...[​IMG]
    Last edited: May 17, 2003
  3. Zigzag2

Zigzag2 Guest

4. Guest

Guest Guest

ZigZag - thank you for the leads. I went to the Ruger site and after going through about 20 pages of warnings on the manual - said forget it :rolleyes:

The scope is a Sports Inc. and I have no idea as to the power. I'll find out soon enough. And I will try to get out to the range - but other things like vehicle repairs and graduation parties (both my second cousins are having their party tonight).

I have discovered that this 10/22 was made in 1966 (fairly early in the year) so I'm happy to have an early model. Unfortunately that means I shouldn't alter it a dang bit :( But, it means I now have a reason to actually go out and buy a brand new one so I can alter it. :D

As to how I got it for that price - well...let's just say I've known my friend since I was 5 yrs old and he was 16 and dating one of y cousins (lolol). We are always giving things to each other and helping each other out.
  5. z537z

z537z New Member

My cousins don't date and give me socks for Christmas

Think that old Ruger could accidentally find its way to Maine? :D

As for mags, I highly reccomend you stick with the original, though more than 2 mags really isn't necessary in my opinion. You can get original mags at LLBean...oh wait that's where I am lol...Actually Walmart had some near me. These things are downright magical when it comes to reliability and they're pretty darn easy to load, too. My friend's got an early model, at least as old as 1970's, and his mag is still pristine. And it shoots beautifully stock. For gosh sakes don't go improving upon things that you get for free! And don't worry about that Brand X scope, as long as it zooms, clicks and has a reticle of some kind you're in business with your a .22.

Enjoy it TLynn!!!

And for gosh sakes if you get a new one, donate that old one to Z's tution, gun and motorcycle fund asap!

_z
  6. gram22

gram22 Guest

Scope.

Scope looks like the Tasco I recently bought from Wal-Mart for $30. 3x-9x-40x or something like that, powerful enough for me.
  7. pickenup

pickenup New Member

Great little rifles. If it does not already have one, I would get an extended mag release for it. Other than that, let us know how you like it after about 5.000 of those 10,000 rounds. LOL
  8. eliseo

eliseo New Member

10/22 stuff

hi,
    i just stumbled into this forum by a referral from another. for 10/22 info, you really need to go to rimfirecentral.com. they're the definitive source on all things 10/22ish.