The Firearms Forum banner

Ruger 17 Mach 2-Caliber Pistol

Tags
ruger
9K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  gdmoody 
#1 ·
Does anyone have history with the
Ruger 17 Mach 2-Caliber Pistol ?
I think I'd like to get one but I'd like to hear what any owners or shooters of this gun have to say?

#2 ·
I did not know Ruger made one. I saw some 17Mach2 revolvers for sale once and tried to buy one but even though I do not remember who made it, am pretty sure it wasn't Ruger. I read somewhere that there seemed to be timing problems with those Mach2 revolvers so they were discontinued.

I do have an aftermarket 17Mach2 conversion barrel on one of my Ruger 10/22's. Got it from a place called E Arthur Brown. I think that if a Mach2 pistol was available, I would get one.

#6 ·
Um... I can buy 17 mach 2 rounds right now.
Also Ruger made a Semi Mark lll in Mach 2 and a Convertible Revolver in 17HMR & 17 Mach 2 cylinders. Whether they still do or not I'm not sure
Wayne, you'd better buy up all that 17mach2 that you can find. I haven't seen any,anywhere for years. That's been my experience traveling through a dozen states on a regular basis.

#5 ·
I have been doing some looking and research for a Ruger 17Mach2 pistol. Ruger's site shows absolutely nothing about a Mach2. I have found a Volquartsen Mach2 conversion upper for the Mark II and III pistols, but for $800, I won't be owning one.

I did find a 4 year old thread on the Ruger Collector Association forum about it, this is copied and pasted from that post: Ruger tested the Ruger MarkIII in Mach 2 caliber; decided the round was too powerful for the Ruger rimfire pistol. The project was scrapped. None were produced for public sale.

#7 ·
I have been looking for Mach2 ammo too, for a couple of years. Every time I see some, I buy it. The last I saw was at least two years ago. A guy, on a local forum that I frequent, who was selling what he had left after selling a gun. I jumped on it and that was the last I saw.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.