Ruger 22/45

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by Smokin Guns, Mar 7, 2003.

1. Smokin Guns

Smokin Guns New Member

shooter45 us
    *Senior Chief Moderator*
    (4/16/01 6:51:18 am)
    Reply Ruger 22/45
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I recently bought a Ruger 22/45. It shot OK for a stock pistol, but the trigger pull was a little stiff and it didn't group as tight as I'd like. I fire lapped the barrel and that reduced the group size. I ordered a Drop-in Accurizer kit and Target Hammer made by Volquartsen. After installing these parts and polishing a few internal parts, this Ruger will shoot. The trigger pull is light and breaks like glass. If you own a Ruger Mark II, these modifications are worth the time and money. Shooter

Tac401
    Administrator
    (4/16/01 8:52:32 am)
    ezSupporter
    Re: Ruger 22/45
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sounds nice shooter, I'd like to pick up the MKII
    Bull barrel in stainless.

Tac
    The Firearms Forum Vietnam Memories Bulletin Board Contact Administrator

shooter45 us
    *Senior Chief Moderator*
    (4/16/01 11:20:24 pm)
    Reply Re: Ruger 22/45
    Tac, the shop had a nice used stainless Gov. model with the slab side barrel. Someone had put a cheap red dot sight on it. The price was right so I went back and it was gone. LTS, does your pistol eject rat shot cases? I never had any luck with it. Always seems to stick in the chamber. BTW, I did use some Flitz on my pistol. I polished the inside of the slide with it. Sure kicks out spent brass. Shooter

44rugerfan
    (6/24/01 1:00:09 pm)
    ezSupporter
    Re: Ruger 22/45
    I have a 22/45 Target that shoots pretty good. How do you fire-lap the barrel? The trigger is good, I think, but then I am new to this.
    Hunt. Kill. Repeat.

shooter45 us
    *Senior Chief Moderator*
    (6/24/01 2:00:34 pm)
    Reply Re: Ruger 22/45
    To fire lap a barrel, you can buy a kit or use valve grinding compound. Apply a small amount of the compound around the bullet (not case) . Load the bullet by hand and fire. Do this 5 times cleaning the barrel between shots. After the last shot, clean the barrel with powder solvent.