Ruger .22 Pistol grips

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by Smokin Guns, Mar 7, 2003.

1. Smokin Guns

Smokin Guns New Member

Shootnfan
    (2/6/02 2:39:50 pm)
    Reply Ruger .22 Pistol grips
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I have an old Ruger .22 Standard auto pistol that I've had since I was a kid. I've looked for years for a set of wooden grips for it, particularly for some without the thumb-rest. I understand the Mark II grips will not work. I'm trying to avoid going to the effort of making some. Thanks for any ideas!

procrastinator
    V.I.P. Member
    (2/7/02 12:02:05 pm)
    Reply Re: Ruger .22 Pistol grips
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Go to www.google.com and put in Ruger custom grips. Never know what may come up.
    Also keep a eye on Ebay.
    The Curio and Relic Firearms Forum

AL BUNDY
    (2/8/02 12:16:05 am)
    Hi,first you need to find out what frame your early Ruger has.Ruger has 2 differnt grip frames on pre mark 2 pistols.1949 to about 1970 has the A54 grip frame.About 1971 to 1981 is the A100 grip frame,and is stamped A100 under the left grip panel on the frame in very small size.A54 frame grips have the eagle logo on the left grip panel.A100 frame grips have the eagle logo on the right grip panel.I see wood grips on Ebay all the time up for auction.
    Goodnight Peg,Kelly,bud,and Buck

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (2/8/02 6:09:24 am)
    Shootnfan and AL BUNDY

I want to welcome both of you to TFF. Feel free to make yourselfs at home.

As far as the grips I ber that google search will do it. Yep it shows a bunch of them that make custom grips for Ruger here it is.

www.google.com/search?hl=...stom grips

We can't be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans... -- Bill Clinton, US President (USA Today, 11 Mar 1993, page 2a)

Shootnfan
    (2/8/02 3:29:27 pm)
    Thanks everybody ! I'll give it a try...

BlackGun
    *TFF Staff*
    (2/10/02 10:49:11 am)
    Welcome aboard Shootnfan and AL BUNDY, We're always glad to have new members join our happy family. Ya'll drop by the Pump House and Piggy and I will buy ya'll a round on the house!
    Tread On Me, But, Leave My DONUT Alone! !

BlackGUN

AL BUNDY
    (2/13/02 1:37:25 am)
    Hi, thanks for the welcome.Always looking around for new gun related web sites.I like anything Ruger,most surplus military firearms.I am always scanning auctions,and for sale forums for extra Ruger parts.I check in here almost everynight.Seems like a nice place,so i will be back.And no,i am not a spy for the GB site like some people think.Anyway i need to get to bed.Have to be up at 5:30 am and take my granddaughter to her babysitter.
    Night Peg,Kelly,Bud,and Buck
  2. cyclops22

cyclops22 New Member

Hey smokin guns found any grips yet i am a custom grip maker i mainly make 1911 grips but have found work in the ruger mark sector most of the grips ill be making will be smooth with exotic woods.here is a picture of a walnut set i made for a friend who wanted a palm swell and thumb rests.
    [​IMG]
  3. anfoman76

anfoman76 New Member

Cyclops I run into you everywere I search for these grips :) I really would love to purchase some off you. Please get a hold of me through PM or email. Thanks again and you still do awesome work ;)
  4. Teejay9

Teejay9 New Member

Southwest Corner of the US, "Where no stinking fen
    That Ruger looks like it's Parkerized, is it? TJ