Ruger .44 Mag. Carbine

Discussion in 'Large-Bore/Small-Bore Rifle/Shotgun' started by roadkingsteve, Jun 23, 2012.

1. cpt-t

cpt-t New Member

roadkingsteve: My SON and I have 2 44mag ruger carbines. A lever and one like yours an auto. We used them to pig hunt with NE Texas. The Auto is very quick and a dream to carry no recoil to speak of. I can`t remember any feeding problems, but we load to factory spec`s. I use to cast bullets and have a bunch of 240gr LSWC with a gas check`s left over, and we still use them. We have enjoyed our 44MAG carbines very much and I hope you will yours. They are getting hard to find any more. But they must have not sold well or Ruger would still be making them. Good Luck To You: ken
  2. Kiltman

Kiltman New Member

I have an older tube fed Ruger .44 cal semi-auto. I'm going to head the advice given about the type of load to feed her....she locked open. I called Ruger customer service. They advised they would not fix it but would exchange it for a current version (rotary box magazine) of their .44 carbine. I believe lever or semi-auto. This was a couple years ago. I took it apart and cleaned her up good and reassembled it. Haven't shot her again since. They did suggest feeding it factory ammo, saying that the early ones were partial to pistol ammo.