1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Ruger 50th anniversary Auto

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by Teejay9, Dec 11, 2009.

1. Teejay9

Teejay9 New Member

Southwest Corner of the US, "Where no stinking fen
    I have a chance to get a LNIB 5oth Anniversary MKII for less than $400 OTD. I've been doing some checking, and they all seem much more, up to $100 more, on the auction sites. What do you think of this as an investment, not a shooter? Would putting a few mags through it decrease the value? Is this a possible collector gun in the coming years? TJ
  2. fleetwood1976

fleetwood1976 Active Member

there is one at my local shop who doesn't mark up new stuff much at all has one for $425.00. so, I am thinking good price. I have a 5.5 bull barrel but that 50th with the white grips looks sweet. I would say if you want a shooter wait for one on the secondary market. you state LNIB. that tells me it may have been shot allready. As far as and investment you might check production #'s. I have a single six with case color reciever made when they first came out with vaquero's that is worth a small fortune because they only made a few of them.
  3. Teejay9

Teejay9 New Member

I looked her over pretty good and could tell it's not been shot, or taken apart. I like the looks of it because it doesn't quite fit the "regular" MKII profile. It's like a hybrid Original/MKII. Thanks for your input. TJ
  4. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

I thought the white grips were on an NRA commemorative? My 50th Anniversary has black plastic with a red hawk.
  5. Teejay9

Teejay9 New Member

White grips ARE on the NRA model, NOT the 50th. Those are black with the new (at the time) RED eagles/hawks, Pheonix, Griffen. I would like some plain old checkered walnut grips for a MKII without the thumb rest. TJ