Ruger Auto Pistol .22LR w/Pics

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by kobsw, Dec 24, 2010.

Tags:
  1. kobsw

kobsw Member

Nov 10, 2010
    PA
    Hello and Merry Christmas to everyone. A good friend of mine was gifted the following Ruger Auto Pistol by an aging WWII veteran for Christmas.

Price is not really a required since my friend now considers it his favorite firearm but if someone could give a ballpark it would be appreciated.

What I'm really looking for is the DOM, Possible Model and any other tidbits.

Thanks for any and all responses.

It has a Blue Finish(85% to close to 90%), 4.75" Barrel, Black Grips, Fixed Sights and a one Magazine.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here is some ammo that was with the gun as well.

[​IMG]

2. woolleyworm

woolleyworm Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2009
    SW Fort Worth
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2010

3. Diamondback

Diamondback Well-Known Member

Your friend has a Sturm-Ruger MkI Standard model, Mfg around 1956 and has a Blue Book value of approx. $350.00
    IMHO he now has one of the best and most accurate out-of-the box Semi-auto pistols manufactured. I inherited my fathers MkI target model also mfg'd around that time. Still shooting asaccurate as the day he bought it. I hope he has many happy and pleasant outing with it.

4. Danjet500

Danjet500 Member

Jun 4, 2008
    This is a Standard Model produced as you say in 1956. It is not a Mark I. They are two different models of Ruger rimfire auto pistols. Value is as above. Looks like a nice gun to own and shoot.

5. kobsw

kobsw Member

Nov 10, 2010
    PA
    Woolleyworm, Diamondback and Danjet500,

THANK YOU!

I'm going to wait until tomorrow to let my friend know. He is really going to be tickled to know this is a 1950's gun.

You guys have an awesome holiday season...