Ruger Bisley Conversion

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by CountryGunsmith, Feb 24, 2003.

1. CountryGunsmith

CountryGunsmith New Member

Rich in Lincoln
    V.I.P. Member
    (5/30/02 5:21:22 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All Bisley hammer conversion.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am looking into installing a Bisley hammer on my Ruger Super Blackhawk in SS.. I was looking in Brownells and I notice something interesting; I can buy a POWER CUSTOM BISLEY TRIGGER KIT (VERY NICE BUT PRICEY AT $170+), BUT I CAN’T BUY A BISLEY TRIGGER (FROM RUGER) WITHOUT A FFL. Why? Is it because sear work should be done by a pro? Dose Ruger hand fit all their hammer and triggers or are they just drop-ins because all the parts are made on a CNC? I don’t know?

I would like to know if someone has done this conversion and were did they get the parts. Can anyone suggest someone good to do the work? This is going to be a hunting side arm, so it would have to have a smooth trigger.
    Thanks.
    -Rich

AntiqueDr
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (5/30/02 10:29:26 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: Bisley hammer conversion.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Brownells sells a Bisley conversion that includes the trigger. Their part #078-000-001 (blue) or -003 in stainless. Note that the grip frames are oversized and will require some fitting.

I've used these conversions several times with excellent results.
    We Buy Guns! 1 - 100, Antique or Modern!
    www.apaxenterprises.com
    Master Dealer for Kimber, Wilson Combat and Dan Wesson

Rich in Lincoln
    V.I.P. Member
    (5/31/02 12:34:30 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Bisley hammer conversion.
    Ya, I was lookink at that, but I like the Bisley hammer, not the grip. Do you know if the same manufacture sell just the hammer stuff?

AntiqueDr
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (5/31/02 1:17:06 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Neither the trigger nor hammer are restricted parts. Both are available from Brownells:

780-001-217 Trigger
    780-001-194 Hammer assembly

Ruger recommends the hammer assy be installed by a gunsmith, but Brownells will sell you the parts.
    www.apaxenterprises.com

Rich in Lincoln
    V.I.P. Member
    (5/31/02 3:12:42 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Bisley hammer conversion.
    Thanks! My bad. I saw the FFL under the restrictions and didn't bather to click on it for details.

In your opinion, is the Power Pro Kit worth the money? I have never come across one in real life so I don’t know.

AntiqueDr
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (5/31/02 4:03:30 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    I dont believe I'd buy it, but I have the correct jigs for that trigger job so I wouldn't need the prepped parts.

www.apaxenterprises.com