The Firearms Forum banner

Ruger Blackhawk flat top

Tags
ruger
1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  mranum 
#1 ·
Back in about 1990 or so my Dad and each bought 357 Blackhawk flat tops. Sadly there came a time when I needed to unload most of my guns so mine went down the road. Always wanted another but never bought one, Dad though kept his. Well he passed 5 years ago now and we are slowly distributing some of his things between us kids. Its been widely known that I would like to keep his Blackhawk. Long story short I brought it home last week. The value of these has changed drastically since we first bought them.

For insurance purposes, what should I figure for this? It is a shooter grade, someone at one time had it plated but that plating is coming off and the barrel has been drilled and tapped for a scope. Mechanically its near perfect with a nice bore and a tight cylinder. It has some dings and scrapes but shes got some years on it, serial number starts with 39xxxxx.

Brown Shipping box Tan Leather Liver
Brown Gun Firearm Trigger Tan
Brown Gun Firearm Trigger Tan
Composite material Material property Metal Office equipment Gas
Stationery Writing implement Office supplies Household hardware Tool accessory

See less See more
#4 ·
Well your estimation and my "guess" are pretty close. Back in the day when we originally bought these, I paid $175 for mine which was virtually the same except mine was blued and he paid $150 for this one. I know it hasn't seen 200 rounds since he bought it and it hasn't been fired for probably close to 15 years and it has not been converted.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.