ruger blackhawk

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by nagasama, Nov 9, 2009.

1. nagasama

nagasama New Member

hello. thank you for having such an informative forum.
    i have some questions about a pistol i recently acquired.

it is:

Ruger Blackhawk .357
    single action
    three screw
    no barrel warning
    nickel (?) plated
    aftermarket ivory grips (i assume they are aftermarket, no ruger markings)
    gold color hammer and trigger
    serial number: 124641
    pretty heavy wear on the cylinder, hammer and trigger. rest of pistol is in relatively perfect condition, with the exception of a small patch of corrosion at the tip of the the ejector housing.
    barrel and rifling are in very good condition.

any idea of the value of this weapon?

thanks in advance.
  2. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

A 3-screw Blackhawk, in decent shape, would normally go from about 500 to around 900, depending on where you are in the country.

But something that's been messed up like that. Man. Let's say that I wanted it. If I bought it I'd have to have that nickel and gold removed and then the gun reblued, which would cost me somewhere around 400 dollars, to end up with a gun that, because it has been refinished, is worth about 300 dollars.

If that was a car, the insurance company would say it was totaled. It would cost more to fix than it's worth. And that is a cryin' shame.
  3. Lotsdragon

Lotsdragon New Member

Gotta agree with alpo, one like that (and I love my rugers) 200 bucks tops.I understand new grips but that gold and silver just baffles me.