Ruger Bolt Help!

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by LTCSZ, Oct 20, 2011.

1. LTCSZ

LTCSZ New Member

Well, I knew it was going too good...Field stripped my Ruger 22LR Standard Semi Auto pistol and cleaned it up, lubricated it, got all the gunk out...I should mention that it was working fine before I took it apart...When I went to reassemble it, the bolt would not go into the chamber...It is apparently sticking on part of the bolt spring, (the little fork shaped piece at the end)...I have attached pictures to help explain...I cannot imagine what I have done wrong...I didn't force anything or intentionally bend anything...Any advice will be much appreciated...Thanks a lot...

Steve

Attached Files:

2. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

That 'fork' shaped piece is bent. The ears should be square and make a half circle to encompass the MSH pin. Carefully try to bend them back in toward each other with a pair of pliers so they correspond with the relief cut in the bolt itself, it may be on the verge of breaking.
  3. LTCSZ

LTCSZ New Member

JLA: Your advice worked...Used some vise grips and just bent it back in shape, waiting for it to break, but it didn't! Seems weird that it happened, though...Can you suggest a good place where I might be able to order a replacement just in case it happens again? Thanks a lot for your help...

Steve
  4. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

5. LTCSZ

LTCSZ New Member

Great...Going to order a spare today...Now, I'll bug you again...I want to add a rubber-type grip to the pistol, but I need advice...Will the grips for the Mark 1 fit the Standard? Thanks again,

Steve
  6. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

depends the stamping on the grip frame. Remove your panels and see what is stamped on the right side. I have a mk1 black eagle target stamped A-100. Which is the newer standard screw spacing. If yours is stamped A-100, go on ebay and try to get an old set of orginal pachmayer presentation grips for it. Thats what I have on my mk1 target and they are great.

Any other stamping is going to be the older screw spacing and finding aftermarket grips is going to be hard.
  7. LTCSZ

LTCSZ New Member

Nothing at all stamped on the frame...Guess I'm out of luck...It's a real early model, Serial Number 480XXX, so maybe it is just too old...Thanks for the help!

Steve
  8. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

The serial has no prefix? Mine is a 15- and its a relaively early model mk 1.

If you have a no prefix serial you indeed have a very early model. If you want aftermarket grips for it start your search now.

We have a resident grip maker here. Woodnut. His name is Carl Wallace and he owns/operates CW Grips out of Diamondhead Missouri. He specializes in 1911 grip panels but can copy any flat backed grip out fo ANY kind of wood you can dream of.

Heres a link to his gallery
    http://cwallaceltd.jalbum.net/Custom Work/

You might shoot him a PM and see what he can do for you. All youd need to do is send him your current grips and select a type of wood and inform him of any changes you might want dimensionally that are feasable. Carl is good folk, he will take care of you.

Josh