ruger charger into a mare's leg

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by tymbrewolf, Jan 15, 2012.

1. 3/2 STA SS

3/2 STA SS Active Member

Looks like something from an action movie.
  2. tymbrewolf

tymbrewolf New Member

I do like the looks, but they were built for offhand functionality. I use to have a norinico browning autoloader kept in a breakdown case to take everywhere. It usually just sits now. No need to break down and just as accurate!
  3. 3/2 STA SS

3/2 STA SS Active Member

I like the look of the Blackhawk stocks...I just need to apply $ to college right now. Hard to keep the new stuff from the wife.
  4. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

I have a brand new charger I would take 250.00 for shipped if anyone is interested.
    Last edited: May 13, 2012
  5. 3/2 STA SS

3/2 STA SS Active Member

I like my 10/22 carbine and would love one (Charger)...just can't swing it at the moment but I will keep your service in mind. I am in the Tampa Bay area.
  6. Ed~

Ed~ New Member

Wow, tymbrewolf, that there sure is a purty pair ya got!

Have to ask why two? Do you sling one on each side and go Rambo-style and charge forward?

I really like the looks of that Blackhawk. Really nice setup. Would you keep the red-dot sight if you westernized it to a mare's leg?
  7. Ed~

Ed~ New Member

tymbrewolf,

I was just playing around with Photoshop on how much to cut the rear off a 10/22 stock for a mare's leg Charger.

I realized that the amount of the shoulder stock cut may actually have a lot to do with how long the barrel sits from the receiver and front of the stock. It's a matter of aesthetics after all to have an even balanced look of a Mare's Leg.
  8. Ed~

Ed~ New Member

Thanks DD!

Hey Dan! Thanks for sending me the Ruger Charger. :ya:

I finally had a chance to take it out to the range and put it through its paces. After kindly breaking in the barrel (clean, shoot, clean, shoot, clean, shoot, clean...) I really had some good 'ol fun blasting cans and moving targets down range just shooting from the hip. Indeed, increased FUN-Factor is the best way to describe the difference between this and a standard 10-22 rifle.

Mounting a proper pistol-scope or laser sight is next in the works. I'm sure it will prove as accurate as my old carbine up to 100 yards -which is all I ever really tried for with this little cartridge.

It will take some time for me to get around to cutting and working that old 10-22 wood stock I have in the garage for the Mare's Leg project. For the time being, I am glad the original stock feels so nice in the hand and the Ruger Charger is so darn fun to plink with. :thumbsup:
  9. tymbrewolf

tymbrewolf New Member

Haven't been on here for a while. I have two chargers. One for myself and then got offered another one for a decent price so one for my son.

I got a response back from ATF in August. They said my project sounded legal but that they couldn't say for sure unless I sent them the project stock without a receiver for for a hands on evalutaion for official determination.
  10. WAYNE.T

WAYNE.T New Member

Do you still have Charger ? Thanks, Wayne