1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

ruger charger into a mare's leg

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by tymbrewolf, Jan 15, 2012.

1. 3/2 STA SS

3/2 STA SS Active Member

Looks like something from an action movie.
  2. tymbrewolf

tymbrewolf New Member

I do like the looks, but they were built for offhand functionality. I use to have a norinico browning autoloader kept in a breakdown case to take everywhere. It usually just sits now. No need to break down and just as accurate!
  3. 3/2 STA SS

3/2 STA SS Active Member

I like the look of the Blackhawk stocks...I just need to apply $ to college right now. Hard to keep the new stuff from the wife.
  4. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

I have a brand new charger I would take 250.00 for shipped if anyone is interested.
    Last edited: May 13, 2012
  5. 3/2 STA SS

3/2 STA SS Active Member

I like my 10/22 carbine and would love one (Charger)...just can't swing it at the moment but I will keep your service in mind. I am in the Tampa Bay area.
  6. Ed~

Ed~ New Member

Wow, tymbrewolf, that there sure is a purty pair ya got!

Have to ask why two? Do you sling one on each side and go Rambo-style and charge forward?

I really like the looks of that Blackhawk. Really nice setup. Would you keep the red-dot sight if you westernized it to a mare's leg?
  7. Ed~

Ed~ New Member

tymbrewolf,

I was just playing around with Photoshop on how much to cut the rear off a 10/22 stock for a mare's leg Charger.

I realized that the amount of the shoulder stock cut may actually have a lot to do with how long the barrel sits from the receiver and front of the stock. It's a matter of aesthetics after all to have an even balanced look of a Mare's Leg.
  8. Ed~

Ed~ New Member

Thanks DD!

Hey Dan! Thanks for sending me the Ruger Charger. :ya:

I finally had a chance to take it out to the range and put it through its paces. After kindly breaking in the barrel (clean, shoot, clean, shoot, clean, shoot, clean...) I really had some good 'ol fun blasting cans and moving targets down range just shooting from the hip. Indeed, increased FUN-Factor is the best way to describe the difference between this and a standard 10-22 rifle.

Mounting a proper pistol-scope or laser sight is next in the works. I'm sure it will prove as accurate as my old carbine up to 100 yards -which is all I ever really tried for with this little cartridge.

It will take some time for me to get around to cutting and working that old 10-22 wood stock I have in the garage for the Mare's Leg project. For the time being, I am glad the original stock feels so nice in the hand and the Ruger Charger is so darn fun to plink with. :thumbsup:
  9. tymbrewolf

tymbrewolf New Member

Haven't been on here for a while. I have two chargers. One for myself and then got offered another one for a decent price so one for my son.

I got a response back from ATF in August. They said my project sounded legal but that they couldn't say for sure unless I sent them the project stock without a receiver for for a hands on evalutaion for official determination.
  10. WAYNE.T

WAYNE.T New Member

Do you still have Charger ? Thanks, Wayne