Ruger Factory mags

Discussion in 'Informational & Technical Archives' started by ruffitt, Feb 24, 2003.

1. ruffitt

ruffitt *TFF Admin Staff* In Heaven Now

SF Airborne
    (1/11/02 7:09:00 pm)
    | Edit | Del All Ruger Factory mags
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Though I am not a rookie Mini 14 owner, I bought my first two Mini's in 1976, I do have a question about factory mags. A local dealer sold me three supposably, Ruger Factory 30 round mags, sight unseen. The magazines he sent me came in sealed clear plactic bags with no markings on the bags. Without opening the bags I can see their is no marking on the floor plates of the mags. I am not absolutely sure, but I thought mags for the Mini 14 were marked on the floor plate and they came in a box. Would appreciate any info before I confront the dealer. Thank you

tuckerd1
    (1/11/02 7:51:23 pm)
    | Edit | Del Re: Ruger Factory mags
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Welcome SF Airborne! I don't know about dem mags, but someone will be here soon that does! Stick around and join in on the fun!
    "They that can give up essential Liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither Liberty nor safety." (...Benjamin Franklin, 1759)

LIKTOSHOOT
    Senior Chief Moderator Staff
    (1/11/02 8:13:04 pm)
    I would be interested in knowing what you paid for them and when they were purchased.
    All "Ruger" magazines are so marked. MINI-14 came in 5,10,15,20 and 30. Ruger never made a 40, though you see them for sale.....40`s are clones and not Ruger. The 20 and 30 rounders were designed for the Ruger AC-MG. LTS

Tac401
    Administrator
    (1/11/02 8:14:18 pm)
    | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: Ruger Factory mags
    Welcome Aboard SF Airborne!

I believe the Ruger factory Mags have their
    markings on the side of the mag bodies,
    correct me if I'm wrong folks!
    The Firearms Forum Vietnam Memories Bulletin Board Contact Administrator

LIKTOSHOOT
    (1/11/02 8:17:50 pm)
    oops....no 15`s, got carried away. By the way WELCOME!

1 dano
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/11/02 8:34:15 pm)
    | Edit | Del RE:
    Sorry, but it sound slike you got ripped off. RUGER never packaged their mags in plastic.

RUGER factory mags are stamped on the bottom of the mags and on one side of them.

If your mags don't have the RUGER logo / crest on the mag floorplate, they aren't genuine RUGER.

BlackGun
    (1/11/02 9:09:29 pm)
    | Edit | Del Re: RE:
    Welcome aboard SFAirborne. I hope you find a home here with us. You'll find a world of knowledge here among this well deversified group. I only know I was looking for 2 hi cap Factory mags for Zombidawg and they were priced out of sight. I was shocked at the cost of them!
    Tread On Me, But, Leave My DONUT Alone! !

BlackGUN

ysacres
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/11/02 9:21:55 pm)
    SF Airborne
    Welcome and congrats on post # 1

Cant help ya here

Most of my Ruger clips are stamped, The P-94 DC clip is not, I bought the gun new in the box?????

LOCK & LOAD-ROCK & ROLL

Flhunter
    V.I.P. Forum Host
    (1/12/02 4:16:02 am)
    Welcome aboard!!! Sorry to hear about your mags, I'd send them back if they are not stamped with the Ruger markings?

Edited by: Flhunter at: 1/12/02 4:16:31 am

Xracer
    (1/12/02 9:53:42 am)
    Hi SF Airborne, and welcome.

If you paid "Ruger" prices, you got taken. If they were cheap, you got what you paid for.....aftermarket mags.

Zigzag2
    (1/12/02 10:05:38 am)
    Welcome SFAirborn

warpig883
    (1/12/02 10:29:01 am)
    Hello SFAirborn, keep posting and join us in good talk and fun
    We can't be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans... -- Bill Clinton, US President (USA Today, 11 Mar 1993, page 2a)

Different name
    V.I.P. Forum Host
    (1/12/02 4:10:58 pm)
    SFAirborne: WELCOME!

Sounds like they sold you a T-7 with a blown panel.
    You don't want any roman candles....send em back.
    Charlie D
    3 point landings ya don't need