Ruger Gov't model threaded barrel

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by tech16024, Feb 13, 2011.

1. tech16024

tech16024 New Member

anyone have an actual picture of one that may have been "issued"?
  2. dksac2

dksac2 New Member

If your looking for a schmetic, try the www.brownells.com site, they have schmetics, look on the right side of the main page.
    Gun Parts Corp also has schmetics on their site, some of the older guns also, brownells has the newer guns for the most part.

I don't know where you would find an actual picture of a Ruger barrel not in the pistol.

If you ar removing the barrel, you are going to have to be really careful you don't tweek the frame of the pistol. They make tools that support the action when removing the barrel. If you don't want to spend the money, it may be best to have a smith remove the barrel. It's not hard to ruin a frame if you don't have the right tool.. My Best, John K
  3. tech16024

tech16024 New Member

I'm sorry -- I'm looking for a picture of the actual gun, maybe in a SEALS hand or in someones collection.
    I've got an opportunity to buy a ruger govt model that has a threaded end and cap and the guy selling it wasn't sure why it was done. I'm HOPE-ing it's an original Viet nam issued ruger. If not I probably won't buy it