Ruger Guys, Newbie needs some FAST advise

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by triplebike, Feb 24, 2010.

1. triplebike

triplebike New Member

Hi guys, I put on hold a used stainless Ruger SR9. today. The shop wants a commitment to buy by noon tomorrow. They're asking $350. That price includes a 3rd mag. The gun was made in late 2009 according to the serial #. Good deal? Anything I need to look for? They broke it down for me & other than being a little dirty it looked good. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2010
  2. jacksonco

jacksonco New Member

Sounds to be a decent price. I looked on http://budsgunshop.com and they are selling themfor $427 delivered to your ffl dealer. You would need to add what ever your dealer charges for transfer on top of that.
  3. triplebike

triplebike New Member

Their out the door price is $381.00. They also have the same gun new, the out the door price new is $443.54.
  4. Old Guy

Old Guy Member

Make sure that it is a post recall model. You can buy new ones for $365.00 if you look hard enough on the internet, but you do have to pay shipping and transfer fees. Call Ruger and see if they will honor the warranty if you purchase the gun used. I have been looking at the SR9 as an option as well.
  5. todd51

todd51 Well-Known Member

If there is any way you can try that SR9 out before you purchase please do. My best friend and shooting buddy purchased one last year (post recall) and was real disappointed. It had an absolutely terrible trigger pull. Very,very heavy and way over the 8 pounds Ruger claims as standard. I wound up using both index fingers just to finish off a mag of ammo. He sent it back to Ruger and they returned with some slight improvement. It is still very heavy, too much so for my way of thinking. Every thing else about the pistol is fine but trigger pull is a real downer. I am not one to knock Ruger as I have a LCP, Blackhawk, and Mark III all fine guns.
  6. wpage

wpage Active Member

If they dont have a range see if they will give you a warrenttee of some kind to try it buy it...
  7. triplebike

triplebike New Member

Thanks for all the advice folks, I decided not to purchase it. I'm going to purchase my 1st semiauto new.