Ruger LC-9 Subcompact 9mm ???

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by rhmc24, Mar 22, 2011.

1. rhmc24

rhmc24 Member

Any horror stories about the Ruger LC-9? I posted the question about the Kimber Solo. On the fence which one to buy. I have Kel-Tec PE -9 to replace.

At this point, with present info, I will probably go with which one, Ruger or Kimber is available soonest.

Sad commentary that you have to put $100 worth of ammo thru any of them to break it in and "hopefully" confirm its reliability if you have to use it for social purposes. I've put about 50 rounds thru the Kel-Tec and it hangs up for various reasons about one round every other mag. My main problem, it's the miserable trigger.:(

A few days later - I ordered the Ruger due next week. Kimber delivery was given as 6-8 months.
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2011
  2. MarkC

MarkC New Member

I've shot about 200 rounds through my LC9. It shoots decently with ZERO mechanical hangups. The trigger is long and firm, but it's OK if you can work your way through the entire pull. I'm confident in the gun assuming I can execute the trigger decently.