Ruger LC-9

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by Regular Joe, Apr 17, 2011.

1. Regular Joe

Regular Joe New Member

What's the general consensus for a concealable 8 shot 9mm that is obviously just a scaled up KelTec P3-AT? Trigger pull is 6.3 lbs.
    I have a P-95 that keeps flattening extractors. Ruger sends more, and within a week, the gun can't pull a fired round from the chamber. Still, I would like a 9mm pocket gun.
    Should I let the GARBAGE P-95 seal my entirely negative opinion about Ruger forever, or try this LC-9 thing?
  2. K75RT

K75RT Member

Joe,
    Have you looked at the gun the LC9 copies, the Keltec PF-9? They are $100 cheaper
    than the Ruger that allows extra mags, holster and ammo purchases. I love my PF-9.
  3. ozo

ozo Well-Known Member

The pocket holster is nice also

http://keltecpf9.com/pictures.htm

Easy stripping

http://keltecpf9.com/kel-tec pf 9 field strip.htm

Thin and comfortable, shoots well too.
    The PF-9 is a semi-automatic, locked breech pistol, chambered for the 9mm Luger cartridge. It has been developed from our highly successful P-11 and P-3AT pistols with maximum concealability in mind. The PF-9 has a single stack magazine holding 7 rounds. It is the lightest and flattest 9 mm ever made. Firing mechanism is Double-Action Only with an automatic hammer block safety. The PF-9 will be available in blued, parkerized, and hard chrome finishes. Grips will be in black, grey, and olive drab.
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2011
  4. Old Guy

Old Guy Member

I just bought a Kel-Tec PF9 after doing a lot of research.(Hottest selling 9 mm) Less money, no magazine disconnect, no manual safety, and proven. I like Ruger, but man have they been in the copy cat mode as of late. All guns/manufacturers have a problem or two now and then. Kel-Tec did in the early days (about 5 years ago) with the PF9 but they handled them and now have a great gun and superb reputation for customer service. If you look at the Kel-Tec product line you will see true innovation. They don't have a lot of me too offerings. In fact I think that all of their guns are trail blazers.

The bottom line is that you need to be happy with your decision and your purchase. My opinion is just that, mine!! Good luck on your search!!
  5. Brisk44

Brisk44 New Member

Regular Joe there is a problem with your P95 if it keeps flattening extractors. You should call Ruger and explain the problem . They will probably send you a mailing label (postage paid) and have you send it in. I'm sure they will repair it for nothing and have it back to you in no time. Also on the Ruger site there is a spot to write the CEO.If you were also to do that I bet you would get super fast service.
    Don't let one problem sour you on Ruger. They make some of the best guns in the US of A. I've got 15 or so Rugers and they are my favorite guns.
  6. ozo

ozo Well-Known Member

Yeah, I love me some Rugers.
  7. K75RT

K75RT Member

Me too!,I love my Ruger rifles, carbines, revolvers and pistols....Come on now RUGER come up with something innovative and original, kinda like ya did with the Mk1,2,3 pistols line! Stop copying/pseudo-improving and start leading the pack again. You've copied Keltec and only in a cursory way...If you like KT designs buy them out. Remington, Bushmaster, Marlin, H&R, etc. have been bought by The Freedom Group. Ruger buy Keltec and you both will profit!