ruger lc9 collection am I crazy

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by Captain Jack, Apr 6, 2012.

1. Captain Jack

Captain Jack New Member

so i saw the gold and silver one of 1500 lc9`s . something said in my brain buy one to carry and buy a silver and a gold to put in the back of your safe so i listend to the little man inside my brain and went home with 3 lc9`s and a crimson trace laser for the one i am to carry help me here. am i crazy :crazy:

Attached Files:

2. Helix_FR

Helix_FR Active Member

:thumbsup:Nah, you could always use parts off one to fix the other
  3. 76Highboy

76Highboy Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Heck no. That's a safe investment and future security.
  4. Zane71464

Zane71464 Well-Known Member

I've never bought 3 firearms of the same at one time!
    But it wasnt for a lack of not wanting to, t'was a lack of the $'s.
    Not crazy at all and glad to see I'm not the only one (had I had the $'s at the time)
    that would have done the very same thing.
    Nice Ruger(s)!:thumbsup:
  5. mintaka

mintaka New Member

The price tag said $449 if you paid that for base pistol...I don't know if crazy is the right word...

I had one brand new took on a trade deal...used to 1911 triggers so couldn't get used to lc9 trigger, but liked the size etc...guy I sold it to loves it....that's what makes the world go round
  6. Rugermanws

Rugermanws Member

Look at it this way, you maybe crazy but at least it's not 3 Corvettes!
  7. yetiman

yetiman New Member

Just to prove to everyone here you ain't lost it.....simply give one to me. Think of it as a first step....:D
  8. Captain Jack

Captain Jack New Member

I actually paid less because i bought three got a deal , and the base modell is all black in mass. the black ones go for 359.00 iv`e seen them advertised for 300 but then shipping is 30 and paperwork is 40 at the dealer shipped to. so that adds up to 370.00 base price so if i did pay 449 and the tag says 443 by the way still would not be bad for gold special adition , i did pay less for the gold and even lesser for the silver , also the reason for my post was not about money it was about me and guns , i will say the crimson trace is way better than the lasers ive seen that come on the lc9 worth the extra no reach around button to press had to shift my hand from a good grip position to activat the crimson is a grab and your on , nice , oh talk about acurate i shot 5 rounds at 50 feet all in a 4.5 inch circle four times in a row indoors with laser
  9. Rugermanws

Rugermanws Member

A female friend of mine bought one and I was taken back by how nice the trigger pull is. It's her carry pistol and wanted me to instruct her. Blew approx 100 rounds with no failures of any kind. A+ on this pistol.
  10. Captain Jack

Captain Jack New Member

pretty good acuracy aswell i bet i must admit after shooting my smith wesson pc 1911 with 2lb triger when i shot my lc9 i flinched twice before it went off lol lol but smooth triger i like to be able to shoot any gun and not blame the gun for anything , i love mine , and lets face it if you really need to protect yourself your not even going to feel the triger your gonna shoot and keep shooting , thats nice you helpt her tell me did she get the black or silver or gold version ??
  11. Rugermanws

Rugermanws Member

She bought the black with the laser. Our first practice was everything but using the laser, I wanted her to learn how to shoot it. I did take a couple of shots with the laser and it needed adjusted which I did not get to do. Aiming center mass it was shooting to the right which would be the heart area so I wasn't sure I wanted to adjust it for her but I will next time we are at the range. The trigger is so much better than my PT111 Taurus, it's an easy gun to shoot.
  12. 3/2 STA SS

3/2 STA SS Active Member

Unless you can fire all three at the same time...you are crazy. IMHO.
  13. Captain Jack

Captain Jack New Member

no i can not shoot all three but i can shoot two :ya: , if they do not go up in value , i do have two kids that are almost of age to carry , they have been shooting since they were 8 yrs old , thats what the little man in my brain was saying or should i say justifying lol:yeahthat:
  14. GatorDude

GatorDude New Member

Capt Jack - Are running the 00 section of somebody's low budget secret service?

Actually, those little pistols look cool. And, since they are all pretty much the same, you can carry them without worrying about a bunch of little variations. The safety is on the left, on the right, the mag release is here on this pistol, there on that pistol, etc. What's the saying, "Beware of the man with one gun ..." Maybe it's one type of gun...
  15. Zane71464

Zane71464 Well-Known Member

I think like that to, Captain Jack!
    I went into a gun shop one time and seen a 12ga. Coach gun and it was nice!
    But, the guy had two of them and both identical, 'sept serial#'s of coarse.

Well, I remember my nephew was saying how he'd been wanting one. So, I
    walked out with two of the same thing! ;)