Ruger LC9, don't buy one

Discussion in 'The 1911 Forum' started by ka64, May 21, 2011.

1. ka64

ka64 Active Member

200 rounds and the hammer stop spring broke.

Now I know this is the 1911 forum which brings me to my next question.

I'm looking to purchase a Colt new agent for personal carry, my full size Goverment is a little too big for the summer carry.

Does anyone have a new agent and if so how do you like it?
    Last edited: May 21, 2011
  2. Helix_FR

Helix_FR New Member

So you had a little bad luck with a relatively good gun. It happens. New agents see their problems too. Had one with a broken pin and one with a mis fit link that caused some lockup issues. Send it to Ruger, they'll make good on it.
  3. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

I have the colt defender 45 and love it. I dont think you will go wrong with the colt.
  4. Hawg

Hawg Active Member

I don't care much for most Ruger hand guns but anybody can and does make a lemon now and then.
  5. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

ka64 , springs are springs and dont represent the gun as a whole , say you have a spring in a hot box after tempering to set a specific RC hardness and a kiln brick splits and allows a air gap , that can throw the temp off by 140 D F in the area of the air flow and effect only those pieces in the air flow maybe only one or two!!

it should not happen but its a fact , a squillion things can happen .. but springs etc do not make the gun .. what i know of the LC its a pretty good weapon , reliable , etc , and ruger have a decent service even here , give em a call

a agent ( sorry brain slip) is not bad neither so i wont try to say against that , in fact when ya get one show us all and do a range report .. but you maybe a tad harsh on the LC

cheers
    Last edited: May 22, 2011
  6. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

I agree, call ruger. theyll make good on it and it wont cost you anything. The LCP is a great weapon and theres no difference the LC9 shouldnt be. Give them a chance to chase out the 'new weapon bugs'...
  7. ka64

ka64 Active Member

Well I didn't mean to be too harsh and I know this can happen in any gun but it will always be on my mind when I carry the LC9 as a personal protect weapon.

I did send it back to Ruger, but I will probably never carry it.
  8. JUNKKING

JUNKKING Active Member

Don't keep that thought in your head about never carrying it. When you get it back run it for awhile and it may really surprise you. If you still have doubts then definitely don't carry it as that thought in the back of your head may be the split second you really needed in a situation. Good luck and I hope Ruger gets this straight for you.