1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Ruger LCP and Kel-tec P3AT magazines

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by CampingJosh, Nov 5, 2010.

1. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Moderator

So a few weeks ago Gander Mtn. was running a special on Fiocchi .380 JHP (box of 50 for $16). I picked some up without knowing anything about it, and guess what? My Kel-tec loves it!

So I started doing some research of it online, and I found TONS of people who had trouble with this ammo in their Ruger LCPs (which are a prettied-up clone of the Kel-tec). I thought, what gives?

Then I found this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=af0lZD0MVLw that explained the issue with the LCPs was actually the magazine, not the gun. Weird, because I had thought that the magazines were interchangeable.

Then I looked into that some more. And it turns out that the Kel-tec magazines can basically be used in the LCP, but it definitely doesn't work the other way around.

Well, you learn something new every day. And I wish I had bought 5 more boxes of the Fiocchi at that price.
  2. johnlives4christ

johnlives4christ Former Guest

good info to know josh
  3. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

I know that this thread is about the LCR and Kel-tec magazines but, all three of my 1911s absolutely love the Fiocchi ammo.
  4. 3/2 STA SS

3/2 STA SS Active Member

Got rid of my LCP and my Kel tec has NEVER failed me.