Ruger LCP and Kel-tec P3AT magazines

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by CampingJosh, Nov 5, 2010.

1. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Well-Known Member

So a few weeks ago Gander Mtn. was running a special on Fiocchi .380 JHP (box of 50 for $16). I picked some up without knowing anything about it, and guess what? My Kel-tec loves it!

So I started doing some research of it online, and I found TONS of people who had trouble with this ammo in their Ruger LCPs (which are a prettied-up clone of the Kel-tec). I thought, what gives?

Then I found this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=af0lZD0MVLw that explained the issue with the LCPs was actually the magazine, not the gun. Weird, because I had thought that the magazines were interchangeable.

Then I looked into that some more. And it turns out that the Kel-tec magazines can basically be used in the LCP, but it definitely doesn't work the other way around.

Well, you learn something new every day. And I wish I had bought 5 more boxes of the Fiocchi at that price.
  2. johnlives4christ

johnlives4christ Former Guest

good info to know josh
  3. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

I know that this thread is about the LCR and Kel-tec magazines but, all three of my 1911s absolutely love the Fiocchi ammo.
  4. 3/2 STA SS

3/2 STA SS Active Member

Got rid of my LCP and my Kel tec has NEVER failed me.