Ruger LCP - Recall

Discussion in 'Self Defense Tactics & Weapons' started by Contenderizer, Jan 9, 2009.

1. Contenderizer

Contenderizer New Member

If you haven't already heard, Ruger has recalled it's very popular .380 LCP Pocket Pistol. Seems they will go off when dropped.

Guns with serial # 3700000 and higher are to be sent back to Ruger for a free retrofit. New guns will carry the serial # 371XXXXX, so as not to be confused with those needing retrofitting.

Web address: www.ruger.com/lcprecall

email: lcprecall@ruger.com

Phone: 800.784.3701

Have your serial # handy.
  2. HowardCohodas

HowardCohodas New Member

3. graehaven

graehaven Well-Known Member

The Kel-Tec P3-AT is a better gun (as in, it doesn't malfunction like the Ruger) at a lower price. :D

that's a win-win.

And, it looks as if Ruger practically stole the design from Kel-tec anyway. I wouldn't buy it just on those grounds alone.
  4. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

graehaven, I think you'll have this with the first of anything but I'd have to agree partially. The Kel-Tec is proven over a few years and is at a lower price. As I recall, Kel-Tec had some bad extraction problems when they first came out with the P3AT. Also, I'd have to agree that the Ruger is only a fatter version of the Kel-Tec which is a detractor as it is harder to conceal but only marginally. One thing I'll give Ruger credit for is better outer machining quality than Kel-Tec but that's about it.
  5. vsorrentino

vsorrentino New Member

I just returned my LCP to Ruger for the retrofit. It was exactly 7 days from the time I put it in the mail til I got it back and that was with a Holiday (Christmas) and a weekend inbetween. They took care of some other issues as well. Then they threw in a free mag with finger extension and a free LCP cap. Thats a company that is serious about customer satisfaction. Took my retrofitted LCP to the range and it fired everything I put in her. Great little gun and with the new CT laser, becomes a nice little package that I carry in my front pocket daily. :D
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]