Ruger LCP

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by pawn, May 16, 2008.

1. pawn

pawn New Member

2. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Well-Known Member

Is this not just a Ruger branding of a Keltec? They look very similar.

I truly don't know for sure, but that's what I would guess on this.
  3. Vectrexer

Vectrexer New Member

Though they may look similar they are definitely not that same gun
  4. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

I hear they're very hard to get right now... A coworker has had his name on a waiting list at two gun shops for one. I personally don't understand the whole fascination. Here's why...

1. The Ruger weighs more than the KelTec.
    2. The Ruger has a fatter grip which lends to more printing that is definitely not needed in a pocket pistol.
    3. The KelTec is so far proven and the Ruger is not yet...

Is it just the Ruger name that has people so happy about a gun with less concealable potential than the gun it's modeled after?... :confused:

Don't get me wrong. I'm not bashing the Ruger nor your interest in the gun, but I hear a lot of people talking about this gun as if it's the best things since sliced bread with nothing to base that on... I too would be interested in what makes the gun so tantalizing to so many.
    Last edited: May 19, 2008
  5. conan1

conan1 New Member

I recently got one for $302 out the door. All Wally World had was the Remington UMC's. Out of 50 rounds, I had 3 FTF on the last round in the magazine. I then went to Gander Mountain and got the Golden Sabers 102 grain HP. They perform perfectly in the LCP. I'm not too concerned with accuracy but I can hit a chest size target very well at 20 ft as this is what this particular weapon is for. IMHO, this gun carries lightly and hidden. It has a heavier trigger pull than most but it will not shoot you in the foot while trying to drag it out of your pocket or wherever it is. The Ruger and Keltec are almost identical but if you hold the Ruger, you can tell it seems to be better quality and smoother edges. Remington JHP's and Golden Sabers run well with this gun. All in all, for a CCW, I prefer the Ruger for EDC as I am more likely not to leave it home because of weight or other carrying issues. I really like it. Thanks yall
  6. noslolo

noslolo New Member

Thanks for your post conan1, and welcome aboard!
  7. Ratel

Ratel New Member

I fired both the Ruger LCP and the Kel-Tec P3AT side by side. They are the same gun. We even switched out magazines and experienced no problems at all. Held side by side the extractor is the only difference and it is the old Kel-Tec extractor design. Both worked flawlessly and fed both the Silver Tips and hardball quite nicely. Little smallish for my hands, but overall quite a little handfull no matter the brand on the grip.
  8. AngelDeville

AngelDeville New Member

got my Kel-Tec for $180 used, and after 100 flawless rounds, I have a new pocket pal...

I'm sure the Ruger would be the same, since it's the same gun.