Ruger LCR .357 and 38 Special +P

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by Quisp, Jan 29, 2012.

1. Quisp

Quisp New Member

Today I went to Cabelas to pick up some dry rib rub and I walked out with a Ruger LCR .357 Mag. Normally they are more pricey than most online dealers but the got deal from Ruger and had a bunch of .357 and 38 SP +P LCR's.
    The .357 were only 399 bucks and the 38 SP +P were only 369 bucks. That is a heck of a deal and ever cheaper than Cheaper Than Dirt.
    So if you live near a Cabelas and are in the market you might want to check it out.
    The LCR is a good CCW piece because it is relatively thin and lightweight. I put it in my bellyband holster and wore a T-shirt and there was no bulge that could be seen. I will head to the range this week to see how it performs.
  2. Lanrezac

Lanrezac Member

If you fire it with Magnum loads, please write about it here. I'd be very curious to know what that's like.
  3. brad87

brad87 Former Guest

I was wanting to get my wife to handle one of those, but the local shop doesn't have any. She didn't like the weight of the SP101, so I was thinking about the LCR instead since its ~half the weight. I'd drop some lower end handloads in it to compensate for the recoil out of the tiny gun in her tiny hands, of course, but really thinking they way they tweaked the trigger pull on these would help too.
  4. mesinge2

mesinge2 Member

I really like my 357 LCR. It performs perfectly and although its ugly it does what it is supposed to do.

[​IMG]

Below is a target shot with ten 158 grain 357 magnum Fiocchi Extrema XTP loads at 7 yards:

[​IMG]

And the video will show the muzzle rise with Magnum loads:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aIH8GB5gw0&feature=player_embedded
  5. Mosin_Nagant_Fan

Mosin_Nagant_Fan New Member

Damned if the closest one is in Louisiana. The only sporting store around here is Bass Pro Shoppes. Anyway, ya, that's a great deal, normally it's around $450-500, a piece, new.